Old & New Taipei: Dadaocheng Walking Tour
Stroll through two of Taipei’s most historical neighborhoods on this walking tour. Explore famous markets like the thriving Yongle Market and Dihua Street. Get a dose of spirituality at the Xiahai Chenghuang Temple and sample traditional Taiwanese street food (additional expense) at the Ningxia Night Market!
- Embark on a walking tour that lets you soak up the festive atmosphere of historical Taipei
- Visit temples, markets, and historical sites all through the tour
- See the highlights of the Wanhua and Dadaocheng neighborhoods
- At the popular Ningxia Night Market, try some street snacks (own expense), and bubble tea
- Expert guide
- Private walking tour
- Hotel transfers
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Experience Taipei like a local and marvel at its seamless mix of old and new on this tour! To begin with, meet your local guide at the Beimen Station and start making your way to Dihua Street. Also known as the heart of Dadaocheng, the oldest surviving neighborhood in Taipei, the Dihua Street offers a rare glimpse of mid-19th century Taipei as well as the city’s thriving artistic side. From there, head to the dazzling Yongle Textile Market, famous for its colorful fabrics in a variety of patterns.
Next, stop by the century-old Xiahai Chenghuang Temple dedicated to the City God, his wife, the Chinese Cupid, and 600 other deities. Pay your respects here and continue onwards. You will pass by the Lee Chun Sheng Memorial Christ Presbyterian Church, built in the memory of the famous philanthropist Lee Chun-shen. End your tour with a visit to the Taiwan New Cultural Movement Memorial Hall and the food street at the Ningxia Night Market.
know before you go
know before you go
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is not recommended for travelers with back or heart problems, pregnant women or people with serious medical conditions
- A moderate physical fitness level is required for this experience
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at the north gate of Beimen Station, No. 10, Tacheng Street, Datong District, Taipei City, Taiwan 10341
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Beimen Station
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Catch the Songshan-Xindian Line to get here
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout