Ni Hao Taipei: Walking Tour with Hot Pot Dinner
Follow an expert local guide and discover the grand monuments of West Taipei, shop from the stalls at Nanmen Market, and immerse yourself in Taiwanese fashion and pop culture in Ximending district. Tuck into a traditional hot pot dinner at the end of your walking tour!
- Spend a day out exploring Taipei's historic Ximending neighborhood
- Shop at Nanmen Market, one of the city's oldest public markets
- Marvel at the ancient architecture of the Longshan Temple
- Browse through a range of local handicrafts at the Creative Boutique inside the historic Red House
- Feast on an all-you-can-eat hot pot dinner to conclude your tour
- Public transportation fares
- Expert guide
- Dinner (Chien-Yen Hot Pot - All You Can Eat)
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 2 days before the schedule
Explore the historic heart of Taipei on this walking tour. Begin your journey at the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall Station, where you will meet your expert local guide. Together, you will make your way to Nanmen Market, a local favorite to buy everything from dry foods and ingredients to goods for the Lunar New Year! Spend some time shopping here before heading to the Longshan Temple, that is over 300 years old.
Next, visit Bopiliao Historic Block, one of the best-preserved historic sections of the city, that covers both Qing and early Japanese-era architecture. You’ll also see the Nishi Honganji Square, once home to a Japanese temple. After a fire destroyed it in 1975, very little of the mausoleum and the Rinbansyo, now a lovely teahouse, remains.
Pass by the historic theater in Ximending, the Red House Theater, that dates back to 1908. See the Tianhou Temple, a six-tiered shrine dedicated to the Chinese sea goddess Mazu. Drop by American Street and see pop culture graffiti, American-style accessory and clothing shops, tattoo parlors and eateries all around. After you’ve worked up an appetite from all that walking, treat yourself to an all-you-can-eat hot pot dinner!
know before you go
- Since it is a walking tour, make sure to wear comfortable shoes
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, so dress accordingly
- Unfortunately, the tour is not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is not recommended for travelers with back or heart problems, pregnant travelers or people with serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate level of physical fitness
- This is a private tour. Only your group will be participating
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall Station, 100, Taiwan, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District, Section 1, Roosevelt Rd, 8-1
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall Station
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Catch the Songshan-Xindian Line (green line) or the Tamsui-Xinyi Line (red line) to get here
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout