Illuminated Rome: Walking and Bus Tour
Discover the most iconic Roman highlights of Rome on this night tour of the Eternal City. Spanning the breadth of the city, this tour is a mix of a bus and walking tour. Starting at the famed Trevi Fountain, ending at the emblematic Colosseum and covering the most sought after destinations in between; this tour of Rome will take you on a magical journey as you witness the city’s greatest landmarks illuminated under the night sky.
- Explore Rome on foot and by coach on this panoramic guided tour of the Eternal City
- Begin your tour of Rome at the Trevi Fountain, the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most popular fountains in the world.
- Stop by the majestic Pantheon, one of the oldest surviving temples in Rome at Piazza della Rotunda.
- Admire Bernini’s iconic creation, The Fountain of The Four Rivers, at Piazza Navona, a city square loved by the locals.
- Board your coach and head out on a leisurely sightseeing experience of Rome at night.
- Drive by iconic Roman landmarks such as Castel Sant’Angelo, St. Peter’s Square, Tiberina Island and The Mouth of Truth.
- Discover other famous sights such as Circus Maximus and Palatine Hill before ending your tour at the most iconic symbol of Rome - the Colosseum.
The magic of Rome cannot be entirely experienced unless you explore it by night - when the crowd has shied away and the city’s landmarks shine like jewels under the night sky. This tour is a mix of both walking and sightseeing aboard a coach, helping you cover the most of Rome in 2 hours while also keeping the experience intimate. In the company of an experienced guide and complementary headsets, you’ll not only be clicking pretty pictures but also gain an insight into the history and importance of Rome’s most iconic landmarks
Classic Walking Tour of Rome
The tour begins at Trevi Fountain, one of the most popular fountains in the world and the largest Baroque fountain in Rome. You can partake in the age old ritual of throwing a coin into the fountain to harness good fortune. After the fountain, you will walk to one of the oldest buildings left standing in Rome - the 2,000 year old Pantheon. The Pantheon is a mere 10-minutes walk from the fountain and makes for the perfect second stop. The Pantheon was built as a temple by Emperor Hadrian and has since been converted to a church. This also makes it one of the oldest buildings still in use.
Next on the itinerary is Piazza Navona - an ancient part of Rome that traces its history back to the 1st century. The square stands on the site of the former Stadium of Domitian, built by Emperor Domitianus. Piazza Navona is also home to the Fountain of Four Rivers, Bernini's famed masterpiece and a giant Egyptian obelisk.
Panoramic Sightseeing Bus Tour of Rome at Night
Once you've spent enough time absorbing the beauty of the Fountain of Four Rivers, it will be time to board the bus and head out for a relaxed sightseeing experience of the Eternal City. The first landmark you'll visit on this leg of the journey will be Castel Sant'Angelo. Built as a mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian, the monument was converted into a safe haven for the Popes, one they could escape to via a passageway that connects it directly to the Vatican.
The bus tour will then continue towards St. Peter's Sqaure, the sight of the monumental St. Peter's Basilica, before moving on to Tiberina Island and The Mouth of Truth. The Mouth of Truth is a marble mask that stands in the Santa Maria in Cosmedin church. It was made famous in the classic movie Roman Holiday, starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.
The tour finally moves on to Circus Maximus and the Palatine Hill before coming to a stop at the most iconic symbol of Rome. The ruins of Palatine Hill and the emphatic Colosseum lit up at night make for one of the most special sights that you could wish for in Rome.
- Expert guide
- Walking tour
- Bus tour
- Pick-up from hotels
Know Before You Go
November - March : 8:00 PM April - October : 8:45 PM
Duration: 2 hours
- Wear comfortable shoes as the tour includes walking.
- Please make your way to the departure point 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
- Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
These tickets can be cancelled 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is at the corner of Via del Traforo and Largo del Tritone, on the wide sidewalk opposite the wedding-dress shop -To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, click on the link below
Get directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop to the meeting point is 'Traforo/Tritone'.
- Catch bus #71 or 117 to get here.