Full-Day Tour of Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken from Amsterdam
Fancy a behind-the-scenes tour with a miller and cheese-making demonstrations in Volendam, and a serene boat trip at the fishing village of Marken: all on the same day!
- Create wonderful memories at the villages of Volendam, Marken, and the windmills of Zaanse Schans.
- Learn all about traditional Dutch craft at a wooden clog maker's and see the making of Dutch cheese.
- Enjoy a peaceful boat trip on the IJsselmeer, and sail past the towns of Monnickendam and Katwoude.
- Live English or Spanish-speaking guide
- Traditional Dutch experience in Volendam & Marken
- An up-close look at the windmills of Zaanse Schans
- See how clogs, cheese, and stroopwafels are made
- 30-minute free boat tour between Volendam & Marken unique to this tour
- Audio guide on the bus with 16 languages and free earphones
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
When you hear the word "Netherlands", most people drift towards the picturesque windmills and tulip fields of Amsterdam. This comprehensive guided tour ensures you experience this first-hand, along with other quintessentially Dutch experiences. Get ready for an unforgettable experience of Amsterdam by discovering its old-world charm as well as its contemporary beauty!
Board a luxury coach and watch the fascinating windmills work at Zaanse Schans. Over ten windmills line the banks of the Zaan river. The surrounding area is free for you to wander around in as it really is an open-air museum. You can even enter some of the windmills at a small extra charge. Next up is Volendam, a typical Dutch fishing village. Stroll along De Dijk and through the harbor area. Visit the Cheese Factory and discover how the Dutch make cheese and have a little taste as well! Make a pitstop at Woltjes Backerij, where you can step back in time to the 19th century to see how people lived then and how they made stroopwafels. If you are staying in town for lunch, freshly caught fish is highly recommended!
Finally, make your way to the village of Marken, a former island in the Markermeer, now a peninsula. You'll travel between Marken and Volendam by boat, with a scenic, 30 minutes trip across the IJsselmeer. Soak in the picturesque views as you sail past the towns of Monnickendam and Katwoude. Your tour ends with a visit to a traditional clog maker's. Clogs here are still made according to a 100-year-old tradition with steam-powered tools. You can even try them on!
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- 8:45 AM: Morning Tour in English
- 8:45 AM: Morning Tour in Spanish
- 2:45 PM: Afternoon Tour in English
- 2:45 PM: Afternoon Tour in Spanish
- The use of a facemask is required during your trip while on the bus and inside any sights.
- Duration: about 5.5 hours, including approx. 90 minutes of driving time in stages.
Infants aged 0-3 go free. Children aged 4-13 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Meet your guide at - Amsterdam Central Station: IJ-Hal, De Ruijterkade 34 (Tours & Tickets Departure Point)
- It is on the far Eastern side of the Central Station
- Address: De Ruijterkade 34, 1012 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ferry: 901, 907
- Tram: 2, 11, 12, 13, 17