Visit the Versailles Palace and the Trianons on this full-day guided tour from Paris. Enjoy lunch at a charming restaurant in the castle park, and spend your free time in the quaint Queen’s Hamlet for the complete Versailles experience.
- Visit Versailles on this full-day tour from Paris, accompanied by an expert guide.
- With air-conditioned coach transfers from Paris and priority access to the Palace, you can enjoy a hassle-free and comfortable trip.
- Go on a guided walking tour through the Palace of Versailles and explore the lavish Royal Apartments and the stunning Hall of Mirrors.
- After your tour of Versailles, enjoy a delectable lunch at a charming restaurant in the castle park.
- Continue your tour through the Trianons, and spend some spare time in the Queen’s Hamlet before returning to Paris.
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Priority access ticket to skip the line at the Palace of Versailles, the two Trianons, the Queen's Hamlet, and the gardens
- Lunch at the "La Petite Venise" restaurant (drinks included)
- Services of an expert tour guide with individual headsets
- Transfers from your hotel
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Experience a memorable day out at Versailles, and catch a glimpse into the lives of the French Monarchy. With the assistance of your expert guide who will be accompanying you on this tour, you can learn more about the history of the Royalty and the Palace as you go along.
Explore the Majestic Palace of Versailles
This tour begins from Paris in the morning, where you will get into an air-conditioned bus and head to Versailles. During the 45-minute ride, your guide will give you an introduction to the history of Versailles. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Palace of Versailles covers an area of over 721,000 square feet and has more than 700 rooms. It served as the residence of Louis XIV, XV, and XVI, as well as the seat of the French Government from 1682 to 1789. Your guide will take you right to the front of the line with your priority access tickets, so you can have more time to explore the Palace. You can visit some of the beautiful rooms, including, the King's Apartments, with seven elegant salons all dedicated to a different god, and the Queen's Apartments, including the Queen's Bedroom, where Marie Antoinette once slept. Have your breath taken away by the grandiose Hall of Mirrors, a large state reception room designed by the architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. After visiting the Palace, you can use your free time to wander through the gardens and admire the many statues, fountains, ponds, and flower beds that populate them.
After the first leg of the tour is over, you can enjoy lunch at the charming ‘La Petite Venise’, located at the bottom of the Grand Canal. While in winter you will take the mini-train to get there, in summer you will travel through the park and admire its grandeur. You will enjoy a pleasant traditional French lunch at this restaurant built in an old, stone-walled farmhouse.
Visit the Charming and Regal Trianons
Once you’re done with lunch, you will begin the second leg of the tour by heading towards the Grand Trianon by crossing the park forest. Here the atmosphere is calm and serene, away from the crowds that come to visit the Versailles Palace. The Grand Trianon was the residence of all the monarchs who came after the Revolution. Here you can see many bright rooms with astonishing color mixes. From here you will go on to the Petit Trianon, on the path to which you can spot a part of Marie-Antoinette’s tree that was destroyed in a storm in 1989. The Petit Trianon is composed of small rooms that reflect a simpler life in an elegant but less majestic setting than the Palace of Versailles. Marie-Antoinette often welcomed her friends there. You will then continue your stroll towards the Queen's Hamlet, Marie-Antoinette's main residence. The hamlet is made up of several small houses that are not accessible but beautiful to look at. You will enjoy free time to explore this estate and will be able to reach the farm where Marie-Antoinette enjoyed taking care of animals.
Finally, at the end of the day, your guide will take you back to the bus and you will arrive back in Paris by 6 PM. Ideal for art and history lovers, this trip to Versailles is sure to leave you with many wonderful memories.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- English Guided Tour
- Spanish Guided Tour
- Strollers are not permitted on this tour.
- This tour involves some walking so please wear comfortable shoes. Flat shoes are highly recommended (parquet flooring in the palace's rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- In winter you will ride the mini train across the gardens to the Trianon, while in summer you will walk through the gardens to the Trianon.
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Versailles Palace procedures: the Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance
** Timings and Availability **
This tour takes place on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The tour departs from Paris at 8:45am and it lasts for approximately 9 hours, ending back in Paris.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children under 9 years of age can join the tour free of charge. Children aged 9-17 can avail reduced price tickets. Please select the appropriate options during checkout and carry photo ID on the day of the tour.
Unfortunately, this tour is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to our representative.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet our representative outside the Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, 22 Rue Jean Rey 750015 Paris.
- The representative will be holding a Paris City Vision sign for easy recognition.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Train: Take yellow line C to Champs de Mars - Eiffel Tower station. From there, it is a 6-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Bus: Take bus #82 to Champ de Mars bus stop. From there, it is a 3-minute walk to the meeting point.
These tickets are valid only for the date selected during checkout.