Private Excursion to Murano Island
Savor a visit to one of the world’s most famous centers of glassblowing, the Murano Islands as you admire some of the finest glassworks in all of Europe. Discover some of the most well-hidden secrets and techniques of the ancient art of glassmaking, as it is demonstrated live by expert craftsmen!
- Take a private boat to the island of Murano, famous since the 10th century for its glass-making and enjoy a relaxed and laid-back journey through the Venetian canals.
- Witness outstanding examples of glass making and see master glass-making craftsmen and artisans at work.
- Get a chance to visit the Church of San Donato, believed to contain the relics of Saint Donatus of Arezzo and the bones of a slain dragon!
- See the best craftsmen at work and discover the elaborate techniques of this fine art!
- A personal tour guide will accompany you, ensuring that you understand the historical and cultural significance of each of the attractions.
- This tour is available in 5 languages, English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
- Private tour to the Murano Islands.
- A personal tour guide will accompany you throughout the tour.
- Discover the secret techniques of glass making by the Murano craftsman.
moderate cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Enjoy a Delightful Boat Ride to the Murano Islands
The excursion to the Murano Islands is on a private boat. A maximum of 5 people can be accommodated on each boat. The Murano Islands are located a few kilometers away from Venice and measure only about 1.5 kilometers across. The Murano islands are linked to each other by several bridge and are famous for their glass making.
Learn About the History of Glass Making in Venice
The history of glass making in Murano and Venice goes back to the 10th century. Your personal tour guide will explain how the foundries were moved from Venice to Murano. You will also learn about the techniques used by the Murano glassmakers to create some of the finest and highest quality glass products. You will also be taken on an exclusive tour through some of the ancient glass foundries, where you can see craftsmen at work, employing these centuries-old techniques. As you see the glass craftsmen at work, you will be left in awe at their skill to mold sand into beautiful shapes and designs. You will also see numerous historical factories of some of the most famous glass manufacturing companies in the world.
know before you go
- A minimum of two people is required for the tour.
- The return tickets to Venice are not included in the ticket price, and you will have to pay for it separately.
The excursion departs every day at 9:30 AM, 11:30 AM and 2 PM. The duration of the tour is approximately 2 hours. Please reach the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the time of departure.
The tour does not operate on the 24th and 25th of December, and the 1st and 2nd of January. Guide Languages
English | Italian | German | Spanish | French
The tour can be multilingual if required.
Comfortable shoes are suggested since there will be a fair bit of walking involved.
Unfortunately, this tour is not accessible to guests with mobility impairments. You cannot carry strollers on this tour.
Redeeming Your Ticket
You will receive an email confirmation with your Private Excursion to Murano Island ticket voucher shortly. No need to print. Show the mobile voucher at the meeting point.
VENICE TOURS OFFICE – San Marco 1130. Please ring the bell once you have reached this location.