Boat Tour to Murano, Burano & Torcello Islands With Glass Factory Tour
Go off the beaten track with a boat tour to the islands of the Venetian Lagoon – Murano, Burano, and Torcello. Relax in a comfortable motorboat as you marvel at Murano, capture the colorful vibe of Burano and get lost in time in the historical Torcello. This guided boat tour promises a blissful Venetian getaway, a must do for the art and history lovers!
- Enjoy exploring the islands of the lagoon comfortably in a motor-boat and experience Venice from a unique vantage point.
- Explore Murano, famous for its glass making factories, one of which you will get to visit during your stop here.
- Discover Burano, which is full of colourful fishermen’s houses and is famous for lace-making.
- Check out lovely Byzantine churches and some of the oldest islands in the lagoon at Torcello.
- Shared guided tour onboard the boat with a qualified and experienced tour guide.
- Entry to the glass making factory in Murano.
- A return ticket on the Grand Tourism motorboat.
- Entry in the churches of Torcello.
- Food, drinks and any refreshments in the duration of the tour.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Explore Murano, Famous for its Glass Making Factories
You will begin your tour on a Grand Tourism motorboat with a guide. As you start moving away from the harbor you will sail past the island of San Giorgio Maggiore and view the tip of Lido Island. Your first stop is the Murano Island, world-renowned for its glass. Venetian glass is known for its high quality and exquisite craftsmanship. The tour will stop at a glass manufacturing factory to view the glass making process. Murano also sports stunning Gothic architecture that is displayed in the Palazzo da Mula, Santa Maria e Donato’s Cathedral and the eccentric Murano lighthouse that is made of Istrian stone.
Discover Burano, Full of Colorful Fishermen’s Houses
You will then head to the colorful island of Burano. Legends say that the fishermen of yore looked out from the sea towards the colorful houses and sought their way home! Today, the tradition of painting houses in an array of colors continues and makes for a picturesque view. As you draw near the island, the pop of color is amazing; Burano is definitely one of the most vibrant places on Earth! Every nook and corner is picture perfect and you will want to take several photographs of this place. The island is also popular for Burano Lace which is still crafted by the ladies of Burano. You can soak in the culture of the town in a walk through the Galuppi Square and watch the buzz of the island!
Check Out Some of the Oldest Islands in the Lagoon at Torcello
The next and last stop on the tour is at Torcello. As you get down from your boat you will notice that time almost seems to come at a standstill on the island. Going back centuries, its architecture is still the same. You will get to admire the exteriors and architecture of the Basilica of Torcello. Though admission for the Basilica is not included in this tour, you may purchase it separately should you wish to enter and see Byzantine mosaics and its secret crypt and sacristy that the Basilica is famous for. You will then return back to Venice and the humdrum of the busy city bringing with you the ancient memories of the Venetian Islands.
Enjoy Expert Commentary from a Local Guide
Hear fascinating stories of the Venetian Lagoon and its islands from your expert guide. Almost two millennia ago, in 453, the Huns drove out the inhabitants of Altino towards the islands of Murano, Burano, and Torcello in the Venetian Lagoon. Here the islands prospered, each developing its own unique character which you will have gotten to see by the end of this special half day outing.
know before you go
- The tour is not considered private. It is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party.
- The motorboats are covered hence they will run during rain or snow; however in case of extremely bad weather, the tour will be canceled.
- Entrance fees to go inside the churches in Torcello is not included.
- The tour runs every day at 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM in the afternoon until November 11th, 2018, post which the tour only runs at 2 PM until February 28th, 2019. You must reach the departure point at least 20 minutes before the departure time (9:10 AM and 2:10 PM respectively) or you will not be admitted on to the boat.
- The tour is approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes long (spending approximately 30 minutes per island).
- The tour will not run on Dec 25th.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (for children between 3-6 years of age) are available at a reduced price of 10 euros. Entry for children below the age of 3 is free. Please select the right profile type for your group during checkout. Warning: Ensure that you are carrying a valid ID of the members in your group if you select any reduced price tickets during checkout.
You will be able to choose the language in which the tour is conducted in the next step of the booking. Please note that it is highly possible, for the sake of efficiency, that the tour will be multilingual. The tour is available in the following languages:
English | French | Spanish | German | Italian
Your meeting point for the boat tour is at the Yellow box in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli). Please reach 20 minutes before the departure time.
Arrival by Public Vaporetto
Take Line 1 and get off at the S. MARCO – S.ZACCARIA (Danieli) stop. After alighting you will turn left and walk right up to the Ponte Della Paglia. Here, opposite the bridge, on your right is the Prison’s Palace and a yellow desk where you can redeem your mobile voucher and proceed for the tour.
Arrival by Private Watertaxi
Ask to be dropped at Monumento landing stage. From there turn left and cross the first bridge. Keep walking straight ahead and you will find the yellow desk by the Prison’s Palace on your right side. Redeem your mobile voucher here and proceed for the tour
Arriving by Foot
The yellow desk is located by the Prison's Palace in Rive degli Schiavoni near St. Mark's Square. Once by the Bell Tower, leaving the Basilica on your left, proceed straight on to the two columns, and then turn left. Cross the Ponte della Paglia bridge and you will find the yellow desk by the Prison's Palace on your left.
We suggest that you wear comfortable shoes and clothes on the warmer side in case of rain. It can get windy on the boat ride.
This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities/mobility impairments.
You will receive an email confirmation with your Guided Boat Tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello Island mobile tickets. Please display them on a mobile device to your tour guide at the meeting point located at the Yellow Box, in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli). It is mandatory to arrive at least 20 minutes before departure.