Guided Tour (<20 Guests) of Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
Discover iconic art and history on a Vatican guided tour. Get skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel on this fascinating small-group tour!
- Select the language of your preference (English, Italian, German, French or Spanish) for an insightful guided tour of both attractions.
- Start your tour at the magnificent Vatican Museums where you will follow a well-planned route that showcases the crucial collections of the 54 galleries.
- Tour through the wondrous Sistine Chapel and view the world-famous frescoes by Michelangelo, which have been dubbed “the cornerstones of western art”.
- Be guaranteed a fun touring experience with a small tour group of a maximum of 20 people.
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Skip the line at the entrance to both attractions
- Expert tour guide
- Live tour commentary via audio headset*
- Small tour group size (maximum 20 people)
*Headsets are only provided to groups of 10+ people.
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
Get escorted directly into the Vatican Museums after meeting your expert tour guide at the designated meeting point. The tour route is meticulously planned and will showcase the Museums' most important collections, such as the Galleries (of the Tapestries, of the Geographical Maps, of the Candelabras), the Roman, Greek and Renaissance sculptures (including Apollo of the Belvedere and the Laocoon), the treasures of the Popes, and the picture gallery thronged by Flemish paintings and the works of contemporary and medieval artists.
After this, you will make your way to the glorious Sistine Chapel. Housing frescoes by the world-famous sculptor Michaelangelo, the Sistine Chapel is one of Vatican's must-visit attractions. Gasp at the stunning portrayal of biblical stories from the old and new testaments, find out where Michelangelo hid Ever's torso, and the real meaning behind the Creation of Adam on this guided tour!
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- All guests need to bring and wear only an FFP2 mask. This is the only acceptable mask at the venue.
- To gain entrance, guests MUST have a reinforced Covid Pass (proof of last vaccination being within 6 months (or recovery) OR in the event that a guest doesn't have a full vaccination/the last dose had passed 6 months, they'll need to show a negative covid test taken within 48 hours (PCR can be done at any local pharmacy).
- The Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel will remain closed on Sun.
- This experience can accommodate a maximum of 20 people in 1 group.
- The Vatican Museums offer free tickets for visitors with mobility impairments (with certified invalidity exceeding 74%). Additionally, in the case of visitors lacking in self-sufficiency, free entry is extended to their companions.
- Certification of invalidity must be shown before the issue of the entrance tickets either at the Reception or at the Special Permits Desk, located in the entrance hall of the Vatican Museums.
- Please note: All guests must pass through airport-style security. During high season and/or peak hours, the wait time at the security check may be up to 30 mins.
- Big bags and suitcases aren't allowed inside the attraction, but guests can make use of the lockers on site.
- The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel follow a strict dress code
- Please ensure that your knees and shoulders are covered
- Ensure that you aren't wearing the following: Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats
- Comfortable shoes are recommended as the tour involves a considerable amount of walking
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions