Exclusive Early Access - Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel Tickets
Gain early access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel before tourists flock to these attractions like they usually do. Enjoy the treasures of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel in solitude and peace. With the option of adding a multilingual audioguide to round off your experience, these tickets are the best way to enjoy the Vatican Museums!
- Get exclusive early access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel by entering 15 mins before any tour group and 1.5 hours before the Chapel's opening time.
- While the Vatican Museums open at 9.00 AM, you will be able to enter the museum at 7:20 AM before anyone else, allowing you to visit the Museums with a comparatively lesser volume of visitors.
- Option of adding a multilingual audioguide giving commentary and insight into the museums and it's jewels in over 10 different languages!
- After the early tour, you are free to roam about and explore the Vatican Museums at your own pace.
- First entry experience to the Sistine Chapel
- First entrance into the Vatican Museums
- Expert tour guide
- Semi-private group of 10 people or less
- All-day access to the Vatican Museums
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees
- Multilingual audio guide (optional)
- Guided tour
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Get Exclusive Early Access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
This tour provides you with a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public for the day. Beginning more than an hour before the scheduled opening time of 9:00 AM, you will be able to explore the galleries of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel in complete isolation with only your group and escort to give you company. With thousands of visitors flocking to the museums every day, it is one of the most crowded attractions in Rome. This tour, however, allows you to peacefully experience the beauty of the Vatican Museums without the distraction that crowds of tourists bring, especially if you were to choose the option of an audio guide which will give you additional commentary, insight and historical context for the vast collection of art housed within the Museums!
Explore the Vatican Museums' Treasure Trove of Masterpieces
The Vatican Museums are home to a number of classical sculptures and paintings by Renaissance greats such as Raphael, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Bernini, and Leonardo da Vinci. Artists such as Vincent van Gogh, Salvador Dalí, and Pablo Picasso are also represented in the Modern Religious Art section. You will walk through its 54 galleries and see the highlights of the Vatican Museums. You will explore the Raphael Rooms, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra and the Gallery of the Tapestries and Maps. Should you choose an audioguide to accompany you, you will learn additional facts and anecdotes about all there is to admire within the sprawling estate.
Enjoy Some Quiet Time With Exclusive Access to the Sistine Chapel
The Sistine Chapel is situated at the end of the Vatican Museums and neighbors St. Peter's Basilica. Covered in the artistic works of Botticelli, Ghirlandaio and Cosimo Roselli among others, it is probably most famous for its frescoes that were painted by the great Michelangelo. Painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years, the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel are considered to be a cornerstone of western art. The Last Judgement is probably the most famous single work of art in the Sistine Chapel and covers the wall behind the altar. Be among the first visitors of the day to enter the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel before the crowds have poured in. With the help of your enthusiastic guide, you will sweep past the long galleries of tapestries, sculptures, and frescoes directly to the most magnificent and important piece, the Sistine Chapel.
Entry to St.Peter's Basilica is free and if you'd like to marvel at this Renaissance masterpiece, you can do so by using the entrance from the Sistine Chapel. This entrance has much smaller queues allowing you hassle-free access to this revered Basilica.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- Guided Experience in English
- Guided Experience in Spanish
- Guided Experience in Catalan
This tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel takes place on all days except Sunday at 7:20 AM. Please arrive at the meeting point by 7:15 AM.
The last entrance at the Sistine Chapel on November 30th will be at 8.30 AM.
On this tour, you can choose the option of an audio guide which will give you additional commentary during your visit. Languages available are Italian, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Korean, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
Please be dressed appropriately. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
The cloakroom staff will accept visitors’ bags and personal belongings (regardless of their form, material or dimension), with the exception of clothing items, hats, and portable umbrellas.
The following must be left in the cloakroom: suitcases; backpacks and containers with dimensions larger than 40 x 35 x 15 centimeters; bags and packs that are cumbersome, except for small-sized bags that are carried on the shoulder and don't jut out more than 15 centimeters; any umbrella with a spike tip, and umbrellas of medium and large size; walking sticks (except those required by disabled visitors); tripods for cameras and video cameras; and signage of any kind.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the venue
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delay
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions