Neuschwanstein, Linderhof Royal Castle & Oberammergau Tour From Munich
Explore the sweet spots of Bavaria on this delightful day trip from Munich! Start off with a guided tour of the Versailles inspired Linderhof Royal Castle and marvel at its fine manicured gardens. Visit Oberammergau, for a quick shopping and photo stop before you finally end up at the awe-inspiring Neuschwanstein Castle for yet another immersive guided tour.
- Enjoy hassle-free round-trip transfers from central Munich in an air-conditioned coach with a well-versed guide onboard whose commentary will give you fascinating insights into the sweet spots of Bavaria.
- Explore King Ludwig's Versailles inspired castle, the Linderhof and take a stroll in its opulent gardens along with an immersive guided tour.
- Visit the scenic town of Oberammergau at the foot of the majestic Bavarian Alps for a quick shopping and photo stop.
- Top off your memorable day trip with an unforgettable visit to the enchanting Neuschwanstein castle.
Enjoy Hassle-Free Round-Trip Transfers from Central Munich
Embark on a memorable day trip to Neuschwanstein, Linderhof Royal Castle & Oberammergau. After assembling at the meeting point at 8:15 AM, you will then board an air-conditioned bus to your first stop, Linderhof Castle after a short 75-minute drive. Enjoy immersive commentary onboard courtesy of your English/German speaking expert guide. This tour takes you on an immersive tour of the vicinity of these castles. If you want to see the insides, you may purchase the entry tickets onboard for 25 EUR. Our guides will arrange the tickets for you and hence, you won't have to worry about the pesky ticket lines.
Explore the Linderhof Castle, Followed by a Short Visit to the Scenic Town of Oberammergau
After a picturesque drive from Munich to the Linderhof Castle, you get ample time to wander the manicured gardens of this Versailles inspired castle. Your guide shall walk you through its idyllic surrounding park known to be one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of its time. After your guided tour, you will then depart to the Bavarian town of Oberammergau for a short break where you will enjoy unparalleled views of the Alps, perfect for a photo-op! By 11:45 AM, you will depart to the final leg and the highlight of the day trip, the enchanting Neuschwanstein Castle.
Top Off Your Day Trip with a Visit to the Enchanting Neuschwanstein Castle
After arriving at the castle, you will have to take a short uphill 20-minute walk past the parking lot and to the castle. Your expert guide shall walk you through the Castle’s history and its former resident, King Ludwig II. Experience the sheer scale and magic of this world famous Bavarian castle that gracefully sits above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria. You will have about 4 hours to explore this castle. After which, you will head back to Munich and return by 6:30 PM.
This tour not only shows you the most scenic parts of Bavaria but also gives you the chance to explore its enchanting side with unforgettable visits to the best castles in Bavaria. With the perfect photo ops, great vantage points and mystifying sights, this tour guarantees a magical journey.
If you'd like to enhance your castle exploring experience, do take a look at our premium tour that includes castle access as well as travelling in the lap of luxury on a feature-packed coach.
- Transport in an air-conditioned coach.
- Guided tours of the Linderhof Castle and the Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Photo stop at Oberammergau.
- Fluent English/German speaking expert guides.
- Food and beverages.
- Entrance fee for both castles of 25 EUR.
Know Before You Go
- You can also benefit from a guided tour of the insides of both the castle, for an additional charge of 25 EUR.
This tour runs daily at 8:30 AM. This tour is ten hours long, including travel time.
- 8:30 AM - Depart from Munich
- 9:45 AM - Arrive at Linderhof Castle for Guided Tour
- 10:45 AM - Depart from Linderhof castle
- 11:15 AM - Arrive in Oberammergau
- 11:45 AM - Depart from Oberammergau
- 1:00 AM - Arrive at Neuschwanstein Castle
- 4:30 AM - Depart from Neuschwanstein Castle
- 6:30 AM - Arrive back in Munich
This tour will not be operational on the 24th, 25th, 31st Dec and 1st Jan.
This tour is available in English and German
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (children between the ages of 4-14) are available at a reduced price of 28 EUR. Student tickets are also available at a discounted price of 44 EUR.
You must assemble at Bahnhofplatz, in front of the Karstadt shopping-center, 15 minutes before the tour departs.
By Light Rail: Get off at the Hauptbahnhof station. The meeting point is a mere one-minute walk.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
On our journey to the Linderhof, the bus was buzzing and somehow, the trip back was just stunned silence from the same crowd. The effects that true beauty has on man.
I was shocked at how very beautiful the castles were. The view of the Alps was something I've only seen in pictures, which I took plenty of
Had a great 10 hours that my wife and I did not have to plan, and instead could just sit back and enjoy. It was definitely worth it, We came back spent but so satisfied
You will receive an email confirmation with your Neuschwanstein, Linderhof Royal Castle & Oberammergau Tour From Munich vouchers shortly. You may display your vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Bahnhofplatz, in front of the Karstadt shopping center, Munich