Jebel Jais Via Ferrata Adventure
An adventure of a lifetime, zip across the Jebel Jais mountains on a via ferrata, a steel cable that runs along the route and is fixed to the rocks periodically. Get your adrenaline pumping and test the limits of your abilities with this unique experience in Jebel Jais.
- Enjoy a 4-hour via ferrata zip lining tour through the Jebel Jais mountains in Ras al Khaimah.
- At 500 m above sea level on the UAE's highest mountain, this 1 km-long route is sure to test your rock climbing skills.
- The via ferrata kit allows you to secure yourself to the zip line cable and aid you in climbing the mountain.
- You will be provided with safety instructions and equipment, including a small backpack with water and extra space for your personal items.
- Certified staff will guide you through the entire experience and ensure your safety.
What to Expect
Arguably the UAE's most exciting mountain adventure activity, this is the Middle East's first commercial via ferrata, now open for thrillseekers and adrenaline junkies alike!
A via ferrata is a guided route along the mountain, most commonly found on the Alps and certain other locations with high altitudes. Jebel Jais is the highest mountain in the UAE, and has a modern via ferrata that includes a steel cable that runs along the route and is fixed to the rock at regular intervals (every 1 to 10 metres or 3.3 to 32.8 feet). With the help of the via ferrata kit, climbers can secure themselves to the cable and get to the top. In addition to the cable as a climbing aid, carved steps, pegs, iron rungs (stemples), zip lines and ladders are often provided. With professional, certified instructors to help you along, scramble along the 1 kilometer-long route with 3 thrilling zip lines to help get you across.
The entire experience involves a combination of walking, scrambling/climbing, and zip lining around a purpose-built course.
Know Before You Go
- The Via Ferrata at Jebel Jais is situated 500 m above sea level. The highest point is at 120 m, and the length of the route is 1 km.
- There are three zip lines. Zip 1 is 50 m long, Zip 2 is 60 m long and Zip 3 is 300 m long.
- Pregnant women and guests under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be permitted.
- This experience is designed to suit guests of average fitness and mobility.
- The minimum weight to undertake Zipline Activities tour is 50kg (110lbs) and the maximum is 100kg (220lbs). You may be weighed in order to determine if you are fit for the experience.
- Certified instructors will guide you through the whole experience.
- Prior to the experience, the guides will ensure you fully understand the operation of safety equipment and are properly fitted with harness and helmet. No prior technical experience is needed; we will ensure that everyone gains the skills to successfully complete the course.
The typical Jebel Jais Via Ferrata tour takes about 4 hours and is available on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
You can choose the starting time at either 9:00 AM or 1:00 PM.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your Jebel Jais Via Ferrata's starting time. Please ensure you are parked and at the meeting point on time as tardiness will have an impact on timing for the experience. If you do not arrive on time, it will be considered as a no-show and you will forfeit 100% of your payment in line with our terms and conditions.
The Jebel Jais Via Ferrata tour begins at Toroverde Middle East LLC, at the top of the Jebel Jais mountains.
- You should wear typical athletic/sporty clothes (no dresses, or skirts). Synthetic materials are best because they don’t absorb sweat and become uncomfortable. Keep in mind that you will be moving over rock which can be sharp. Your clothes should be able to withstand the rough terrain.
- Footwear is the most important. Please wear sturdy trainers or running shoes with good grip. Casual shoes like Vans or Converse are not acceptable and may result in postponement/cancellation of your experience (flip flops or loose footwear not recommended).
- Other items you should consider: Sunglasses, Sun Block and Camera. Bear in mind that dropping any items throughout this activity is likely to result in complete destruction. If you bring a camera/sunglass, we recommend it have a solid wrist strap or tether.
You will have to be in good medical condition to take part in this experience. Pregnant women are not allowed.
Those who have recurring or existing injuries that might get affected by the ride such as neck/back/shoulder injuries or past surgeries are not recommended to take part in this experience.
Smoking is prohibited while geared up.
Those under the influence of spirits, narcotics, or any other substances that impair judgement (such as prescription drugs) will not be allowed to take part in this experience.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Friendly and timely
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your mobile tickets will be sent to your email shortly. You may display your ticket on your mobile phone at the meeting point on the day of the experience.
Your tickets are valid only for the date and time of the booking.
Jebel Jais Via Ferrata, Ras al Khaimah