Special Access Tickets: Colosseum Arena Floor & Roman Forum
Visit three of Rome's most popular tourist hotspots and enjoy special escorted entry to these attractions. With special entry from the back of the Colosseum and special access to the Arena Floor, you will see this famous attraction like never before. Also included with these tickets is exclusive, priority access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
- See one of Rome's most iconic attractions from a new perspective with escorted entry with a host to the Arena Floor and the Colosseum's backstage, which is where gladiators prepared for battle.
- Enjoy special access to the Emperor's Box and the second floor of the Colosseum.
- With these tickets, you can explore the Colosseum and see this exquisite monument in its entirety.
- These tickets give you priority access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, saving you the time you might have spent standing in long queues to explore these attractions instead.
The Gladiator's Entrance: A Unique Perspective of the Colosseum
A host will escort you into the iconic monument from the newly-opened Gladiator's Entrance, giving you a unique vantage point of the Colosseum. This allows you to slip past the long lines at the main entrances and enter from the back. Marvel at the impressive architecture as you walk past the Arena Floor, just like the gladiators who stepped out there for fights to the death. The partial reconstruction of the arena floor gives you a stunning view of the tiered ruins from where up to 80,000 spectators once cheered on for these gory fights.
Magnificent Views from the Emperor's Box
Get special access to the Emperor's box and take in the excellent panoramic view from here. Trace the Colosseum's circumference from the second floor of the Colosseum and experience what it must have been like to be a spectator at one of the famous fights.
Priority Access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
After exploring the Colosseum, hike to the top of Palatine Hill to get an exquisite bird's eye-view over the Roman Forum, Circus Maximus and the beautiful city of Rome.
Colosseum | Roman Forum/Via Sacra | Palatine Hill
- Escorted entry through Gladiator's Entrance.
- Privileged Colosseum Arena Access.
- Priority access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Know Before You Go
At the Colosseum, please use the priority entrance line on the left for the mandatory security check.
You can only enter on the date and time you choose when booking this experience.
Please be aware that, due to the Basilica opening calendar, all tours starting at 2:30 PM or later:
- From April until October, the tour will include a shorter guided tour of the Basilica. Your guide will take you inside and after a brief orientation tour, they will leave you free to continue your visit independently
- From November until March, there won’t be a guided tour inside the Basilica, due to Basilica’s restrictions. Please be ensured that your guide will still be able to provide an explanation from the outside and you will be able to enter the Basilica independently.
In both cases, the duration of your tour will not be affected, as your guide will decide how to allocate the time between the Museums and the Basilica accordingly.
Timings and Availability
This 1.5-2.45-hour tour has flexible timings to enter from the Gladiator's Entrance at the Colosseum.
The Colosseum closes at 6:00 PM.
This is a timed entry ticket, so please be on time for your entry slot. It is advised to arrive 15-20 minutes in advance as you will have to pass through security lines to enter the Colosseum.
Please note that entry to the Colosseum is free on the first Sunday of every month.
Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
Opens at 8:30 AM and closes one hour before sunset.
The tour begins at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, which is located above the 2nd floor of the metro line.
The closest metro station is Colosseo, which is a 3-minute walk (via Nicola Salvi) to Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
It takes about 4 minutes to walk from Largo Gaetana Agnesi (via Piazza del Colosseo) to the Colosseum. The City Wonders staff will assist you at Largo Gaetana Agnesi and accompany you to the Gladiator's Entrance.
For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum. No storage facility is available.
You MUST carry valid ID with you and present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
You can, however, take a baby stroller into the Colosseum with you, should it be necessary.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel these tickets up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email with your Escorted Entry: Colosseum Arena Access, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tickets shortly. No need to print. Please download and display the ticket on your mobile device on the day of the tour at the meeting point.