Fast Track: St. Peter's Basilica and Mosaic School Guided Tour
With an official Vatican guide by your side, enjoy an exclusive tour of the Vatican state and visit the Mosaic Studio where you will learn about the creation, production, and restoration of famous mosaics that belong to the Papal state. You will also benefit from fast-track access and waste no time while you set yourself to explore the magnificent St.Peter's Basilica.
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the magnificent St.Peter's Basilica and waste no time exploring this important temple of Christiandom with priority access.
- Discover the Renaissance masterpieces of the greatest artists of all time through an audioguide that takes you through 31 points of interests such as the magnificent Pietà by Michelangelo, the Baldacchino by Bernini, the “Cattedra Sancti Petri” etc.
- Explore Vatican city's Mosaic Studio led by a licensed Vatican guide and an expert from the state's Mosaics School.
Enjoy a Guided Tour of The Iconic St.Peter's Basilica
The tour begins at a designated meeting point situated in St. Peter's Square, adjacent to the basilica. Here you will see your guide wearing a blue vest with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it. Be there 15 minutes before the beginning of your tour so you can find your guide with ease. Your guide will then lead you inside St. Peter's Basilica through a dedicated passage. Inside, you will be able to check out masterpieces of Renaissance art such as Michelangelo's Pieta, the giant bronze canopy of St. Peter’s Baldachin, the Chair of St. Peter and others. This is a cultural experience you simply cannot miss!
Enjoy an Immersive Guided Tour of Vatican City's Mosaic Studio
This fascinating tour inside the renovation and construction school of the Vatican property mosaics will be conducted by an expert from the Mosaics School. Not only would you marvel at the Vatican owned mosaics, but you will also learn about its creation and restoration. The Basilica of St. Peter does not host paintings, but all the walls are decorated with spectacular mosaics. Therefore, learning about its intricacies is reason enough to visit the fascinating Mosaic Studio. This exclusive tour is unique and is designed for true connoisseurs of the mosaic art.
This tour not only allows you into the sacred Vatican state but also gives you the chance to explore the intricacies of art in the Papal seat of power like never before!
- Fast track access to St.Peter's Basilica.
- Guided tour of the Basilica.
- Guided tour of the Mosaic School (Studio).
Know Before You Go
For security reasons, all the participants of the Mosaic Tour must present a valid document to the Vatican Gendarmery (only identity cards and passports accepted).
Timings and Availability
This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This tour is an hour long.
- Monday: 9:30 AM.
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
- Thursday: 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
- Friday: 9:30 AM.
This tour is available in English, French, German and Italian.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (between the ages of 7-17) are available at a reduced price of 55 EUR.
You must assemble in front of the Vatican Post Office.
By Light Rail: Get off at the Risorgimento - San Pietro stop. The post office is a 7 minute walk from the station.
By Bus: Get off at the Risorgimento station. The post office is a 5-minute walk from the stop.
Please be dressed appropriately. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
• You will receive your guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the experience, head to the meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
• The meeting point is located under the right side colonnade(series of columns around the Basilica Square), facing the Basilica, precisely in front of the Police Hurdle.
• Look for the guide wearing a blue vest with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it.
• Begin your tour.
Outside St. Peter's Square, Facing the Basilica, on the right side, front the Vatican Post Office, Rome