Dedicated Access: St. Peter's Mosaic School Guided Tour
With an official Vatican guide by your side, enjoy an exclusive tour of the Vatican state and visit the Mosaic Studio located next to the Santa Marta Palace which is the actual Pope Francesco residence. Learn about the creation, production, and restoration of famous mosaics that belong to the Papal state.
- Enjoy an immersive guided tour of Vatican city's Mosaic Studio led by a licensed Vatican guide and an expert from the state's Mosaics School.
- With exclusive access via a dedicated entrance to the Vatican city Square, you will get to see life inside the Papal seat of power and the smallest state in the world.
- This unique tour is specially designed for true connoisseurs of the mosaic art.
Enjoy an Immersive Guided Tour of Vatican City's Mosaic Studio
This fascinating tour inside the renovation and construction school of the Vatican property mosaics will be conducted by an expert from the Mosaics School. Not only would you marvel at the Vatican owned mosaics, but you will also learn about its creation and restoration. The Basilica of St. Peter does not host paintings, but all the walls are decorated with spectacular mosaics. Therefore, learning about its intricacies is reason enough to visit the fascinating Mosaic Studio. This exclusive tour is unique and is designed for true connoisseurs of the mosaic art.
Gain Exclusive Access to the Vatican City Square
This exclusive tour in the Vatican City includes the priority access to the Square and an interesting guided tour of the St. Peter’s Mosaic Studio. The staff will assist you at the entrance of the Basilica, where you will be taken to the studio with hassle-free dedicated access services.
This tour not only allows you into the sacred Vatican state but also gives you the chance to explore the intricacies of art in the Papal seat of power like never before!
- Dedicated access to Vatican Square.
- Guided tour of the Mosaic School (Studio).
Know Before You Go
For security reasons, all the participants of the Mosaic Tour must present a valid document to the Vatican Gendarmery (only identity cards and passports accepted).
Timings and Availability
This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This tour is an hour long.
- Monday: 9:30 AM.
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM.
- Thursday: 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM.
- Friday: 9:30 AM.
This tour is available in English, French, German and Italian.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (between the ages of 7-17) are available at a reduced price of 55 EUR.
You must assemble in front of the Vatican Post Office.
By Light Rail: Get off at the Risorgimento - San Pietro stop. The post office is a 7-minute walk from the station.
By Bus: Get off at the Risorgimento station. The post office is a 5-minute walk from the stop.
Please be dressed appropriately. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
• You will receive your guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the experience, head to the meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
• The exact meeting point is located on the right-hand side of St. Peter's Square, outside the colonnade and in front of the Vatican Post Office.
• Look for the guide wearing a blue vest with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it.
• Begin your tour.
Outside St. Peter's Square, Facing the Basilica, on the right side, front the Vatican Post Office, Roma