City Sightseeing: 48 hours - Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Audio Guide
Witness the splendor and majesty of the ancient city of Rome with its incredible attractions whose beauty remains untouched. Discover the sights of Rome from a unique perspective aboard a charming Hop-On Hop-Off double-decker bus. An audioguide will keep you informed about each of the attractions, giving you an insight into their history, so you get to learn and explore!
- Board double-decker buses from any of the 3 main stops on this route and easily redeem your e-ticket upon boarding.
- Hop on and off at your leisure as many times as you’d like for the entire 48-hour duration of your ticket.
- Option to add on Skip the Line tickets to the Colosseum or the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel.
- Option to extend your Hop-on Hop-off experience to 72 hours.
- Learn about Roman wonders with a multilingual audioguide while you enjoy breathtaking, panoramic views from either the upper or lower deck of the bus as per your choice.
- Buses run at intervals of 15 minutes so you don't ever have to wait for too long!
- Free WiFi on board and a detachable roof to operate in all weather conditions for a worry-free experience!
- To further enrich your experience, take advantage of the free map of the Bus Routes, which you can view here.
Explore Rome with these Hop-On Hop-Off tickets that let you board and get off at any of the stops on the route as often as you like! You will have the chance to explore each of the attractions on the route at your own pace and, with numerous bus stops present around town and buses departing every 10-15 minutes, you'll never have to wait too long. Conveniently explore major sightseeing attractions such as the Colosseum, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia, Circo Massimo, and The Vatican.
Your 48-hour ticket is an excellent way to see the entire city in a leisurely way. From the comfort of your seat atop the open deck bus, you’ll get endless panoramic views and photo ops of Rome’s top attractions without having to worry too much.
View a full map of the Bus Routes here.
- Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off access for 48 hours.
- Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off access for 72 hours (Optional).
- Multilingual audio headset (8 languages).
- Sightseeing across key attractions in Rome.
- Hop-on hop-off map of Rome.
- One disability access seating per bus.
- Skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums, and Sistine Chapel (If variant selected).
- Skip-the-line entry to the Colosseum (If variant selected).
Know Before You Go
Open from Monday to Saturday, except 1st and 6th of January, 19th of March, 2nd of April, 1st of May, 29th of June, 14th and 15th of August, 1st of November, and 8th, 25th and 26th of December.
Open from 9 AM until the last entry at 3 PM.
Open throughout the year except for 1st January, 25th December and the first Sunday of every month.
- 2nd Jan - 15th Feb : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- 16th Feb - 15th Mar : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- 16th Mar - 30th Mar : 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- 31st Mar - 31st Aug: 8:30 AM - 7:15 PM
- 1st Sept - 30th Sept : 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- 1st Oct - 26th Oct : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- 27th Oct - 31st Dec : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
For security reasons, in case of a large influx of visitors, a timing for the entrance to the Colosseum may be assigned, but you can visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill immediately.
Buses run from 9 AM to 7:30 PM at intervals of 10-15 minutes from the three main terminals located near Termini Station:
- Terminal A: Via Marsala 7
- Terminal B: L.go di Villa Peretti, 1
- Terminal C: Piazza dei Cinquecento
The Hop-On Hop-Off buses follow one route with 9 stops:
- Stop #1: Termini Station
- Stop #2: Santa Maria Maggiore
- Stop #3: Colosseum - Purchase entrance tickets here.
- Stop #4: Circo Massimo
- Stop #5: Piazza Venezia
- Stop #6: Vatican City & Castel Sant’Angelo
- Stop #7: Fontana di Trevi (except Saturdays after 3:00 PM, Sundays and bank holidays)
- Stop #8: Via Ludovisi & Via Veneto - Purchase entrance tickets here.
- Stop #9: Piazza Barberini
Rome is a lively capital city and therefore political events, demonstrations and celebrations can disrupt the itinerary at any time, especially during special events, holidays summer and at weekends. There may be delays, reduced frequency and route alterations due to traffic congestion and road closures.
- Large bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not allowed in the Colosseum or the Vatican Museums. You may stow these items in the cloakroom at the Vatican Museums but there is no such service available at the Colosseum.
- The Museums fo have a strict code so please do not wear short pants, low cut tops and keep your knees and shoulders covered.
- This tour involves a fair bit of walking so we recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Ticket
You will receive your ticket via email. Please take a printout. Show the printout with a valid photo ID on board any of the sightseeing buses or any of the Visitors' Centers to avail your Hop-On Hop-Off ticket or exchange your voucher for your Colosseum/Vatican Museums tickets if that variant is selected.
View a full map of the Bus Route and Visitor's Center here.
The Hop-On Hop-Off tickets are valid for 48 hours or 72 hours, depending on what you choose at the time of checkout. The Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel/Colosseum tickets are valid for the date and time of the booking if that variant is selected.
City Sightseeing® Visitor Centers, Rome