Thames River Circular Cruise from Westminster to St. Katherines
Embark on a leisurely cruise on the Thames and witness some of the city’s major tourist attractions like Westminster Abbey, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, the London Eye, and many more with live commentary by the boat’s captain!
- The cruise boat stops at 5 different stops. You can get on or off at any of these stops with your ticket.
- Enjoy the captain’s intriguing commentary as you cruise past the amazing sites along the Thames.
- Learn more about some of London’s most famous buildings like the London Eye and the Embankment Pier.
This cruise is popular amongst both locals and tourists. As a city with over two millennia of rich culture and history, London has much to offer in terms of beautiful sights to see. Like most great cities, London developed around a major river - the Thames. The House of Parliament, also known as the Palace of Westminster, is a magnificent building near the Westminster Pier. The Festival Pier is situated just outside the Southbank Centre and is home to the Purcell Room, the Hayward Gallery, and the Elizabeth Hall.
The captain of your cruise boat will tell you intriguing facts about all these places. Bankside Pier and Embankment Pier also feature interesting sights like the Somerset House. Visit this brilliant neoclassical house with 55 fountains and an ice rink. You might even find an open-air concert or art exhibition going on here.
The National Theatre is another impressive sight on this cruise. Learn about how this theatre is keeping the spirit of acting and playwriting alive by producing re-imagined versions of classic shows and modern plays by contemporary playwrights. Shakespeare’s globe is the final attraction on the cruise. You can disembark at the Bankside Pier or Katherine’s Pier and go on a unique guided tour of the place. Here, you will find out more about the life and works of Shakespeare.
- Live commentary by the captain
- Hop-on hop-off services at 5 different stops on the route including Westminster Pier, Embankment Pier, Festival Pier, Bankside Pier and St Katherine's Pier
- Multilingual commentary in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Mandarin available for smartphones connected to the WiFi onboard
- Transport to the meeting point
Know Before You Go
- One Way: Cruise from Westminster Pier to St. Katherine’s Pier.
- Return: Return to Westminster Pier from St. Katherine’s Pier.
- Between 21st May 2018 and 2nd September 2019, a cruise boat is available every half hour starting from 11 AM. The tour takes 30 to 35 minutes each way. The last boat from Westminster Pier leaves at 3 PM.
- Between 3rd September 2018 and 28th October 2018, the last boat leaves Westminster Pier at 4:20 PM. A boat is available every 40 minutes from 11 AM.
- On weekdays between 30th October 2018 and 25th March 2019, the last boat leaves Westminster Pier at 3 PM. A boat is available every hour from 11 AM.
- On weekends between 30th October 2018 and 25th March 2019, the last boat leaves Westminster Pier at 3:40 PM. A boat is available every 40 minutes from 11 AM.
- On weekends between 12th May 2018 and 20th May 2018, the last boat leaves Westminster Pier at 3 PM. A boat is available every 30 minutes from 11 AM.
- On weekdays between 26th March 2018 and 20th May 2018, the last boat leaves Westminster Pier at 4:20 PM. A boat is available every 40 minutes from 11 AM.
- You can see a detailed schedule here
- All boats will have an onboard bar available so you can purchase light refreshments.
- All boats are wheelchair accessible.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
You will receive an email confirmation along with a ticket voucher instantly. Please display a printed version of your voucher along with some valid photo ID at the Westminster Pier in Victoria to collect your tickets for the cruise.
How to Get There
Take the Circle, District, or Jubilee subway lines to Westminster Station. The meeting point is a short 3-minute walk from the station.
This tour is valid for the date and time selected during booking.
Victoria Embankment, Westminster, London