Rome Wine Tasting Tour
Be the Italian wine connoisseur you were meant to be with the Rome Wine Tasting Tour that will give you an in-depth understanding of the history of wine culture in the city's Lazio area and treat you to wine and food pairings that are to die for!
- The 1-hour tour will cover local Italian shops, and not restaurants.
- Taste up to 3 unique and delectable Italian wines like an international gourmet connoisseur on this tour.
- Learn about how Italian wine is made and distilled, its history, and what makes it different from other wines.
- Your wine tasting is accompanied by regional meats and cheeses, a meal tradition that is inherent to the area.
- You will also be made familiar with the Italian wine culture, which is an indicative seasonal menu that is subject to change, which ensures that only quality yet seasonal products will be served.
Your Rome Wine Tasting Tour will give you an understanding of viticulture and closely wine is associated with Italian life in general. The tour will take you through the Roman countryside and the Lazio region in particular, where you will get a brief understanding of the history of vineyards in this area. For instance, back in the 1970s, the Lazio region had up to 75,000 hectares of vineyards, surpassing even the vineyards in Piedmont and Tuscany today. Your tour will take you through the city center, which was historically an area with several vineyards, as well as Castelli Romani, which is a few kilometres from the city and still has a sizeable number of vineyards. You will then head to a traditional enotica (which literally translates to wine repository), where you will learn about the Roman countryside’s viticulture heritage, through the ages. You will also be served three different types of wine - two white wines and one red wine - that will allude to the stories being related to you. Your wine tasting will be accompanied by servings of cold cuts and cheeses to give you an understanding of the basis for food and wine pairings. This tour will leave you with a wholesome understanding of the differences in wine flavors and colors and you will head back as an Italian wine connoisseur!
- Expert tour guide who speaks English
- Visit to the shops in the areas covered by the tour
- Photography is allowed on the tour
- Bathroom stops along the way
- Visiting restaurants in the areas covered in the tour
Know Before You Go
- The tour is available from Tuesday to Sunday.
- The tour is about 1 hour long.
- The tour departs from the meeting point at 6.15 pm.
- The tour will depart from Rome City Center.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour commences.
- Contact: +39 055 2398855.
- The maximum number of people on each tour is 12.
- Please mention in advance if you or any members of the group travelling with you suffer from any food allergies or have specific food preferences.
- Please purchase any or all food tickets in advance.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email with your Rome Wine Tasting Tour voucher shortly. Please download it on your mobile phone take a print out of it to show it at the designated spot in order to begin your tour.
Redeeming Your Ticket
We highly recommend that you take a print out of your voucher confirmation and ticket as it contains helpful information such as details about the meeting point and useful maps. You could also download the same on your mobile phone and show it at the designated meeting point before you begin the tour.
Your ticket is valid for the date and time of the booking only.
City Center, Rome