Vatican Neighbourhood Evening Food Tour
Explore the Vatican neighborhood and enjoy the postcard perfect cobblestone streets while you visit several local eateries for some authentic Italian tastings! Get the best of Rome through the eyes of a local expert.
- This 3.5 hour tour gives you the chance to explore the culinary goodness is Italy. The Vatican is surrounded by the most authentic family run restaurants that are bound to make you feel like one of the Romans.
- With several tastings and stops at restaurants, you get to taste all the local delicacies, from cured meat, cheese, wine to gelato!
- Your friendly neighborhood expert will give you everything you need to experience Rome and help you fully understand the love Italians have for their food and culture.
At the water fountain in the Piazza del Catalone on Borgo Pio, is where you will meet your guide and the rest of the group. After you’ve familiarized yourself with the group, you shall begin your tour by heading a typical hole-in-the-wall “prosciutteria”. You will also taste some typical wine from the region. With a glass of wine in hand, taste a variety of typical cured meats and cheese. You will also get a chance to indulge in local delights like supplì which is quite typical of the Romans.
After eating your way through the neighborhood, you will be taken to one of the nicest family owned trattorias in the neighborhood, where you will sit down for a hearty Roman dinner. Your guide will explain the history of each dish along with its significance to Italian culture. Learn everything you need to know about the magic of the culinary goodness of Rome. End the tour on a sweet note with some authentic gelato at one of the nicest gelaterias in the neighborhood. After satisfying your appetite for learning and great food, the tour will end and you can free free to ask your local experts about anything you’d like to know about the Eternal city.
- Six tasting stops
- An English-speaking foodie guide
- Sit-down Roman at a family-run trattoria
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Know Before You Go
Timings This tour is available at 5:30 PM on certain days, depending on availability.
Duration This tour lasts for approximately 3.5 hours, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
Language This tour is available only in English.
Meeting Point You will meet your guide at the water fountain in the Piazza del Catalone on Borgo Pio.
Dietary Requirements If you have certain requirements, do mention it at the time of booking so that you can be comfortably accommodated on this tour.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Cancellations that are 72 hours prior to departure are fully refundable.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- You will receive your mobile voucher shortly.
- On the day of the experience, head to meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
- Your guide will be holding a sign that reads, "The Roman Guy".
Piazza del Catalone on Borgo Pio, Rome