Full Day Guided Tour of the Loire Valley Châteaux and Wine Tasting
Experience rich French history in the heart of the Loire Valley in France. Explore the Château de Chambord and the Château de Chenonceau, two beautiful castles that perfectly capture the essence of Medieval France. Finish off the splendid tour with a wine tasting session.
- Discover two amazing castles on this tour, paired with an excellent session of wine tasting.
- Check out the fantastic Château de Chambord as you journey to the heart of French history.
- Bask in the magnificence of the Château de Chenonceau.
- You will have an experienced guide to show you around the two castles.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
One of the most iconic châteaux in the world, the Château de Chambord has very distinct architecture from the French Renaissance. It is a fusion of classical Renaissance traditional French styles. The castle is located at Chambord, Loire-et-Cher, and was built by the French king, Francis I. It is the biggest castle in the Loire Valley and was used as a royal residence. A château that spans the Cher River, Chenonceau is an architectural confluence of early Renaissance and late Gothic styles. It was called 'the château of ladies' because it was maintained by several women through the centuries. The building seems to spring out of the water giving a very magical feel to the entire place.
You will board a plush bus that is completely air-conditioned after you display your voucher to an agent at the meeting point. The bus will leave at 7.15 AM and you will be on your way to the first of the two amazing French castles, the Château de Chambord. You will see lovey landscapes of the Loire Valley as you travel in your comfortable coach. You can see green fields all the way upto the horizon with the River Loire flowing through the picturesque countryside. Our expert guide will show you around the castles and tell you all you need to know about these brilliant monuments. When you reach the Château, the first thing you will notice is how spectacular it looks in the Loire Valley. You will explore several rooms in the castle and finally climb the famous double helix staircase which leads to a lovely terrace.
There will be a session of wine tasting in the castle for 45 minutes. The wine tasting is organised by La Maison des Vins. You will get to experience the flavour of the legendary Loire wines. The wine tasting will be followed by lunch close to the castle. You will then begin the journey to Chenonceau. It will take around an hour to arrive at the next castle. You will see the various rooms and furnishings in the Château de Chenonceau along with beautiful paintings and tapestries. It will take an hour to finish the tour of the castle.
The guided tour will conclude after you explore the gardens around the River Cher for about half an hour.
- Tour guide
- Round-trip transport in an air-conditioned coach
- Wine tasting (depends on the program)
- Skip the line entrance ticket to the Chateaux of the Loire Valley
- Pick-up and drop-off services
Know Before You Go
- The tour runs on all days of the week.
- The trip starts at 7:15 AM.
- The duration of the tour is 12 hours and 30 minutes.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled or rescheduled.
- You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with some valid photo ID before the tour commences.
The Paris City Vision Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris.
How to Get There
Take the metro and get off at the Pyramides Station. A 4-minute walk from the station will lead you to the meeting point.
This tour is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.