Full-Day Excursion to Giverny and Versailles with Lunch (GVA)
Admire the splendid fountains, flower beds, and groves in the Gardens of Versailles on this exquisite tour of some of the most amazing sights around Paris. Explore Giverny, a tranquil village that is famous for being the home of the legendary painter Claude Monet.
- Get a full-day tour of two engaging tourist attractions near Paris: Giverny and the Versailles Palace and Gardens.
- Bask in the natural splendour of Giverny that inspired Claude Monet to paint the ‘Japanese Bride’ and the ‘Water Lilies’.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles and learn about its history, architecture, and cultural significance.
- Visit some of the most extraordinary parts of the palace like the Queen’s Apartments and the Hall of Mirrors.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Situated in a picturesque location in the Normandy province where the Seine and Epte rivers converge, Giverny is a remarkably charming hamlet. It is best known as the home of Claude Monet, an artist who drew much of his inspiration from the natural beauty of his surroundings. He lived in Giverny with his family for about 43 years. The village has retained Claude Monet’s passion for gardening and art, and the Clos Normand Flower Garden that houses a Japanese Bridge, lush Eastern Plants, and a pond of water lilies, stands as a testament to this. The Palace and Gardens of Versailles is a majestic UNESCO World Heritage Site that is known for its impressive interiors that include architectural marvels like the Opera Theater Hall of Mirrors. The many fountains, ponds, and works of art scattered across the vast French garden outside enhance the overall allure of the place. The palace occupies a whopping 721,000 square feet and contains more than 700 rooms! The King’s Apartment, the Queen’s Apartments, and the incredible Hall of Mirrors are amongst the most-visited tourist attractions in the palace.
The tour will begin at 8.15 AM from Central Paris. A 1½ hour ride through the city and the surrounding countryside in a luxurious air-conditioned bus will bring you to the picturesque village of Giverny. You will get a chance to visit Claude Monet’s intriguing pink-plastered residence. Although this tour does not include a guided tour of the interiors, you are still free to explore the reading room, the larder, and the artist’s studio by yourself. The rooms have been reconstructed and filled with Monet’s own furniture in an attempt to accurately recreate the house of the painter. From the vibrant yellow dining room to the blue-tiled kitchen, the reconstruction of the house is simply flawless. Revel in the joy of witnessing the superb Clos Normand Flower Garden. You will find colourful flower beds, a lush water garden, water lilies, and a lovely Japanese Bridge to top it all off. You can walk around the village and shop for souvenirs in the gift and bookshop.
Enjoy authentic French cuisine at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant before heading to the Versailles Palace. Your guide will take you around the palace and tell you about the palace’s previous inhabitants, its origins, and all the amazing rooms and halls that adorn this massive monument. Visit Jules Hardouin-Mansart’s Hall of Mirrors, and admire the 240-feet long hall that is illuminated by 350 reflecting surfaces and 17 windows. End the tour with a stroll in the pleasant Gardens of Versailles.
- Tour guide
- Skip-the-line ticket at Giverny for Claude Monet’s gardens and house
- Lunch at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant
- Priority entry to the Palace of Versailles and its gardens
- AC coach
- Pick-up and drop-off services
Know Before You Go.
In July and August, the tour runs on every day of the week except Monday and Saturday. From September, it runs on all days of the week except Monday. The trip starts at 8:15 AM. The duration of the tour is 9 hours and 30 minutes.
Green lentils and smoked haddock, salad
Normandy-style chicken, mashed potatoes
Traditional apple tart, fresh cream
1/4 bottle of red wine (white wine on request)
Seasonal vegetable Pie with salad of frisée
Seasonal raw and cooked vegetables
Apple pie (ice cream or fresh cream
- Example of menu, subject to modification
- The menu is not available in English
Rules and Regulations
- Strollers are not allowed inside the palace.
- Flat shoes are highly recommended due to the parquet floors and cobblestones.
- Skip-the-line entrance depends on the crowd at the palace.
- The on-site visit duration is about 6 hours and 15 minutes.
- The Queen’s State Apartment is currently closed for renovation works.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled or rescheduled.
You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly. You can show your mobile voucher along with some valid photo ID before the tour commences.
The Paris City Vision Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris.
How to Get There
Take the metro and get off at the Pyramides Station. A 4 minute walk from the station will lead you to the meeting point.
This tour is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.
PARISCityVISION Agency 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris, Paris