Guided Tour of Seina with Lunch and Wine Tasting at Chianti
Enjoy an exquisite tour of Siena and the surrounding areas with an experienced local guide. Visit multiple wine cellars and learn about how some of the world’s most sought-after wines are made.
- Roam the regions of Siena and Chianti in a luxurious air-conditioned GT coach or minivan.
- Get an opportunity to sample wine, oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Savour a light dinner that includes sliced cold meat and salami.
- Expert multilingual escorts will take you around and tell you more about the attractions.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Of all the regions in Italy, the picturesque landscape of Chianti houses some of the world's finest wineries. In fact, ‘Chianti Wines’ is the term used to refer to the vast array of wines that are produced in this area. These wines are characteristically stored in squat bottles encased by a straw basket known as a ‘fiasco’. The Chianti recipe was concocted by Baron Bettino Ricasoli way back in the 19th century.
Siena is a city in Tuscany that was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The city sees more than 163,000 international visits every year owing to the presence of hundreds of medieval buildings and museums in the region. Siena is one of the few ancient towns that completely revolutionised irrigation and building techniques between 900 BC and 400 BC. Although it did not progress much under the Roman Empire, it did see a revival during the medieval and early Renaissance period. The Piazza del Duomo is one of the prime examples of medieval architecture in the region. This tour also takes you deep into the regions of Chianti and Siena, giving you a wholesome experience of these places.
The wineries of Tuscany, especially in the Chianti region, are known for their exceptional quality and work ethic. Your guide will tell you many intriguing facts about the wine cellars of the region as you taste the different types of wine. The region is also well-known for its delectable cuisine, which includes sliced cold meat, salami and light bruschetta.
In Siena, you will be shown some of the most legendary sites in the city such as the Piazza del Campo, where the Palio horse races are held twice every year. The city itself is overflowing with medieval monuments and archaic structures that speak volumes about the prosperity of the city during the 13th and 14th centuries.
The Siena Cathedral, also known as the Duomo, is a Romanesque-Gothic architectural masterpiece that you will visit on this tour. A delicious spread awaits you in a charming Tuscany farm in the Chianti area. A wine tasting session is also held here, ensuring that your tour comes to a memorable end.
- Travel by GT coach, or the minivan with air conditioning provision
- Visit to a famous estate
- Guided visit to Siena
- Tour of the wine cellars with wine, oil, and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Multilingual tour escort
- Light Dinner that includes salami and cold meat
Know Before You Go
The tour begins at 2:45 PM.
- From November 16th to March 14th, the tour is available on Wednesdays, and Sundays in Spanish and English.
- From March 15th to November 15th, you can take the tour on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in Japanese, English, Chinese, German, French, Russian, and Portuguese.
- On Saturdays, the tour is available in Italian.
Please note that the tour is not operational on July 2nd and August 16th.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your tickets up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly. You can show your mobile or printed voucher along with some valid photo ID before the tour commences.
Viale F.Lli Rosselli 44, 50123 Firenze FI, at the corner with Via Gabbuggiani.
How to Get There
Take the metro and get off at the Stazione Leopolda station. A 4-minute walk from the station will lead you straight to the meeting point.
This tour is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.