Private Gondola Ride
Glide along Venice's Grand Canal in an extraordinarily romantic gondola with this private boat ride. Witness architectural marvels like the Accademia Bridge, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and the Palazzo Grassi.
- Experience the exotic beauty of the narrow Venice canals as you relax on a classic Venetian gondola.
- Get an opportunity to click incredible photographs of the buildings that line the Grand Canal.
- Admire the incredible Palazzo Grassi and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection from the comfort of your gondola.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Gondolas were once reserved for the upper classes of Venice only. Although the number of gondolas in the city have seen a significant decline over the years, they continue to be one of the primary means of transport within the city, especially along the Grand Canal. Besides serving as a means of transport, gondolas are a common sight in many of the city’s parades and rowing competitions. Stretching from the basin at San Marco to the lagoon near the Santa Lucia station, the Grand Canal, as the name suggests, is the most colorful and active water-traffic corridor in Venice. Since it passes through the central district of the city, there are many attractions to see on either side of the channel. The beautiful Rialto Bridge and Ponte dell’Accademia (Accademia Bridge) span the canal. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection and the Palazzo Grassi, which are situated beside the Grand Canal, clearly boast of the ancient splendor of 18th-century Venice. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is a museum of modern art that houses sculptures and artwork by American modernists and Italian futurists.
Meet your gondolier at the Campo Santo Stefano and climb aboard the gondola awaiting your arrival. Sit back and relax as the gondola moves forward gently through the Grand Canal of the charming city of Venice. See the fantastic Ponte dell’Accademia as you serenely glide below it. Admire the intricate pieces of art at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, which is a museum of modern art. Marvel at the Palazzo Grassi and its academic classical style of architecture, which is in stark contrast to the surrounding Romanesque and Baroque Venetian buildings. Experience the magic of traveling through one of Europe’s most beautiful cities in an authentic Venetian gondola!
- 30-minute ride through the Grand Canal
- Sights along the canal like the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and Palazzo Grassi
- Commentary during the ride
- Food or drinks
Know Before You Go
- You can choose a time slot for your departure.
- The ride will last for approximately 30 minutes. Please be present at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure.
You will receive an email confirmation along with a voucher shortly. Please display a printed version of your voucher along with some valid photo ID before the tour commences.
Gondoliers stop at Campo Santo Stefano.
Please be present at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure.
How to Get There
- Take a bus to Sant'Angelo, S. Marco, 3872, 30124.
- 8-minute walk to Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square) via Calle de Piscina de Frezzaria.
- 9-minute walk to Campo Santo Stefano.
This tour is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.
Gondoliers stop, Campo Santo Stefano, 30124 Venezia VE,, Venezia