Buckingham Palace and Afternoon Tea at the DoubleTree Hilton
Explore the magnificent Buckingham Palace and the royal garden at your own pace with your audio guide on this unique tour! Top it all off in typical British fashion with afternoon tea at the opulent DoubleTree Hilton Victoria.
- Visit the lavish throne room and ballroom of the Buckingham Palace.
- Admire the fine paintings and the antique French and English furniture as you visit the State rooms that are open to the public.
- Stroll through the charming Buckingham Palace Garden that is known for its royal summer garden parties.
- Delight in the British tradition of afternoon tea at the DoubleTree Hilton while you are treated to a delectable spread of sandwiches, scones, and French Pastries.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Buckingham Palace has been a symbol of English royalty and power for almost two centuries since the coronation of Queen Victoria. It was originally built for the Duke of Buckingham all the way back in 1703. King George III later acquired the property in 1761 and made it the private residence of Queen Charlotte. The palace saw constant reworks and additions over the decades following its acquisition. Skilled architects such as John Nash and Edward Blore worked to shape Buckingham Palace into the magnificent structure it is today.
Many of the State rooms continue to be used for official and ceremonial events. There are fantastic works of art and quaint furniture scattered throughout the palace. The ballroom and throne room of Buckingham Palace are used for royal wedding photographs and investiture ceremonies.
The lush garden outside is a treat for the senses. There are more than 150 different types of flowers and many species of birds that can be spotted in the garden. Strolling through this fabulous 42-acre expanse with amazing views of the adjoining palace is an unforgettable experience.
This tour of the magnificent Buckingham Palace is the ultimate British experience. You are free to roam the spacious Buckingham Palace with your audio guide and discover the royal residence at your own pace. Visit the spectacular throne room of the palace and be awe-struck by the proscenium arch that is held in place by two winged figures depicting ‘victory’. Wander through the plush State rooms and admire the paintings and furniture here. Take in the sheer brilliance of the 47-metre-long picture gallery and the massive ballroom. You will learn a lot about British history and royalty as you tour the palace. You will also get a chance to see some of the gifts given to Her Majesty by prominent world figures like Nelson Mandela and Dwight D Eisenhower.
You can explore the sprawling garden outside before proceeding to the DoubleTree Hilton for Afternoon Tea. Here, you will get to taste some of the most delicious sandwiches, sultana scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, and an array of French Pastries!
This is an unescorted tour, hence you will have to make your way to the DoubleTree Hilton on your own after your palace visit concludes.
- Afternoon tea at the DoubleTree Hilton
- Entry tickets to Buckingham Palace
- Audio guide
Know Before You Go
This tour is available between July 22nd and October 1st, 2018.
The check-in time is 11.45 AM and your Palace visit commences at 12 PM. You will get to explore the palace for about 1½ to 2 hours before you have to make your way to the DoubleTree Hilton for afternoon tea, which begins at 2 PM and lasts until 5 PM.
Restrictions and Notices
- There is a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace at the start of this tour.
- For safety reasons, pushchairs are not permitted in the State Rooms. They must be checked in and reclaimed at the exit. Baby-carriers are available for loan.
- A one-way system operates along the entire visitor route so be sure to check out the attractions thoroughly as you won’t be allowed to revisit them.
- Photography and filming are allowed for private use only and only in the Palace Gardens.
- This tour is not meant for individuals with impaired movement.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
You will receive an email confirmation along with a voucher instantly. Please display a printed version of your voucher along with some valid photo ID at the Golden Tours Visitor Centre in Victoria to collect your tickets for both Buckingham Palace and the afternoon tea at The DoubleTree Hilton, Victoria.
Golden Tours Visitors Centre, 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
How to Get There
Take the Southern, Thameslink, or Gatwick Express to Victoria station. The meeting point is a short 6-minute walk from the station.
This tour is valid for the date and time selected during booking.