Borghese Gallery & Colosseum Half Day Guided Tour with Roman Forum
Savour the classical beauty of the incredible sculptures and paintings in the Borghese Gallery. Visit the Colosseum soon after the Borghese Gallery and bask in the splendid architecture of the mighty Ancient Roman Empire.
- Witness the most fascinating and elite collection of art at the Borghese Gallery that is only rivalled by the Vatican.
- Walk through the lush gardens of Villa Borghese and escape the chaos of the city.
- Get one of the most picturesque views of Rome from the Pincio Terrace.
- Skip-the-line access makes it easy to get into the museum without any hassle.
- The expert tour guide will give you a comprehensive account of all the places you visit.
- Step inside the greatest arena in world history, the Colosseum.
- Walk through the famed Roman Forum, the center for all political and social life in ancient Rome.
- Gaze out at the city from the Palatine Hill, once the most desirable place to live in the entire Roman Empire.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Borghese Museum boasts some of the finest works of art in the world. Paintings by the great Raphael, Titian, and Caravaggio adorn the walls of the museum. The statues of Bernini and Canova add to the charm of this incredible art collection. The Borghese Gardens, designed by Renaissance architect Flaminio Ponzio, is modelled after 16th Century English gardens. Built between 70 and 80 AD, long before the dawn of modern Engineering, the Colosseum is an architectural marvel that serves as the pride of Rome to this day. The Arch of Constantine and the Roman Forum are also classic examples of the splendour of Ancient Rome. All of these sites combine to give you a comprehensive tour that will help you get a glimpse of the essence of Italian art and architecture.
You will begin your tour at the breathtaking Borghese Gallery with a skip-the-line ticket. Observe the subtle grace of Raphael’s Entombment of Christ and many other such paintings. Cardinal Scipione Borghese, one of the main art collectors who enriched the Borghese Gallery, was particularly fond of Bernini’s work. This is demonstrated by Bernini’s fascinating depiction of ‘Appollo and Daphne’ and ‘David’ in marble sculptures housed at the gallery.
After you have admired the amazing pieces of art at the museum, take a stroll through the serene gardens outside. The walk will end at the Pincio Terrace, an exquisite viewpoint that overlooks most of Rome.
Your visit to the Borghese Gallery will be followed by the much-awaited tour of the Colosseum. The guide will bring this ancient wonder to life with animated storytelling and fascinating facts. Once you step inside the Colosseum, you are certain to be drawn into this historical seat of glory and violence with a little help from the guide. Explore the Roman Forum and the Arch of Constantine to further understand the heights of Ancient Roman architecture. Your tour will end after a visit to the picturesque Palatine Hill.
- Skip-the-line access to the Borghese Gallery
- Skip-the-line entry to the Colosseum
- Entry to Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Professional walking tour guide in English only
- Guided walking tour of Ancient Rome
- A wireless headset that helps you hear your guide clearly all the time
- Hotel Transfers
- Transport to the Colosseum
Know Before You Go
The duration of the trip is seven hours.
Tuesdays to Sundays:
The Borghese Gallery tour starts at 9 AM. Your Colosseum expedition starts at 2:30 PM.
Also, note that the tour does not run on the first Sunday of the month.
The guide will convey all the information in fluent English.
Wheelchair access is available.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will get an email confirmation with your mobile voucher shortly. Please arrive at the respective meeting points for you tours at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
For your Borghese Gallery Tour at 9 AM, please assemble at the Piazzale del Museo Borghese, in front of the Museum entrance, at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. This tour ends near Piazza del Popolo.
For your Colosseum tour at 2:30 PM, please assemble near the Arch of Constantine 15 minutes prior to the start time of your tour. This tour ends near the Colosseum
Our tour co-ordinators will be wearing a pink t-shirt with "I Love Rome" written on it for easy identification.
The ticket is only valid for the scheduled date and time.
Piazzale del Museo Borghese, 00197 Roma RM, Italy, Roma
Other experiences similar to Borghese Gallery & Colosseum Half Day Guided Tour with Roman Forum