Assisi and St Francis Basilica Day Tour from Rome - with Hotel Pick Up
Enjoy a day out of Rome, exploring the natural and cultural heritage of Central Italy. Visit the historic towns of Orvieto and Assisi to view their grand cathedrals. Savour the local cuisine and explore the idyllic Italian countryside with its rolling hills and quaint towns.
- Explore the cultural heritage of Umbria in the towns of Orvieto and Assisi
- Go on a full-day tour of the Italian countryside and experience authentic Italian lifestyle
- Admire the stunning Gothic architecture of Duomo di Orvieto at the historic town of Orvieto
- Appreciate the cultural and religious significance of Assisi and its Franciscan Monuments at the St. Francis Basilica, including the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli
- With free hotel transfers available in select areas (central Rome), worry less about transportation and focus more on admiring the attractions along the way.
- You now have the option to book your tour guides in the language you're most fluent in. This guided tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, and Portugese.
Italy has many treasures that satisfy your soul – sumptuous cuisine, pleasant weather, a rich heritage that is a delight to see. This tour will take you on a journey to the heartland of Italy to sample some of its cultural and ancient treasures.
Your tour begins in Rome and northwards towards Central Italy to the towns of Orvieto, Assisi and Santa Maria degli Angeli. Assisi and Orvieto are located in the region of Umbria that is known for its natural wealth and also for some of Italy’s best wines including Orvieto, Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino. You will see the picturesque countryside even as your criss-cross the River Tiber that flows through Italy. On reaching Orvieto you will visit the magnificent Duomo di Orvieto. The 14th century Cathedral is built in Italian Gothic style and is known for its golden mosaics and frescoed chapels.
You will continue your journey through the rolling green Tuscan Hills dotted with olive groves and vineyards. You will stop for a break to have lunch and dig into local dishes. The next stop is at Assisi after you cross the beautiful Lake Trasimeno. Assisi is the home of many religious leaders and also is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Here you will visit the Church of St. Claire, St. Francis’ birthplace, Townhall Square, Roman Temple dedicated to Minerva and the famous St. Francis Basilica with its stunning frescoes. From Assisi you will begin your return and stop at the town of Santa Maria degli Angeli to visit the Chapel of Porziuncola where St. Francis passed away in 1226. Your tour ends in Rome and you can choose to get off at the designated stops on the way.
You may choose between the 5 ticket options available:
- English Guided Tour of Assisi and Orvieto from Rome
- Spanish Guided Tour of Assisi and Orvieto from Rome
- German Guided Tour of Assisi and Orvieto from Rome
- French Guided Tour of Assisi and Orvieto from Rome
- Portuguese Guided Tour of Assisi and Orvieto from Rome
- Pickup from your accommodation with the Aurelian Walls and from affiliated hotels outside the Walls
- Bus Ride for the duration of the tour
- Services of Local guide
- Lunch at a typical restaurant in the region
- Drop-off at affiliated hotels outside the Aurelian Walls
- Small group of 15 people or less
This tour is conducted in English, Spanish, German, French, and Portugese.
The tour lasts for a full-day from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM. The tour is conducted on the following days:
- From 1st April to 31st October: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
- From 1st November to 31st March: Monday, and Friday
Know Before You Go
The tour includes visits to churches that require visitors to wear clothing that will cover the knees and shoulders. Shorts, mini-skirts and bare shoulders are not allowed.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- This tour offers a pick-up service as part of the tour offering. Ensure you leave a phone number while booking the tour, in case your B&B does not have a reception.
- Since it is a group tour, guests are requested to be present at the pick-up on time to ensure on-schedule departure of the tour.
- Below are the affiliated hotels outside the Aurelian Walls where the pick-up is offered:
Hotels in the Aurelia area:
Parco Tirreno, Michelangelo, Melia Aurelia Antica, Pisana Palace Inn, Aldobrandeschi, Crowne Plaza, Ergife, Imperator, Raganelli, Princess, Green Park Pamphili, Holiday Inn West, Midas Palace, and The Church Hotel Palace.
Hotels in the Parioli area:
Claridge, Ritz, Regent, Beverly Hills, and Fleming.
The tour bus will make the following stops at drop-off time - Via del Teatro Marcello, Porta Maggiore, Largo del Tritone, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Cavour, Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza Indipendenza (Termini Station), GLT Terminal.
- If your hotel is not listed in the pick-up service list, then you will have to meet your tour guide at the meeting point.
- The meeting point is Caffè Trombetta (Via Marsala, 46-48, 00185 Roma RM, Italy).
Get Directions to the Meeting Point