Skip the Line Access to Intrepid Museum & Hop On Hop Off Combo
Explore the Big Apple with unlimited access across multiple routes, giving you the freedom to hop on and off at your leisure. With this combo, you can also explore the prowess of American military history at the Intrepid Museum.
- Its impressive collection of exhibits, including submarines, aircraft carriers, gunships, and space shuttle, makes it the best place to take you on a journey from the World War II, to the space race to the developing technologies now.
- The USS Intrepid is a monumental asset to the United States Navy as it participated in the battle of Leyte Gulf and in the Vietnam war.
- One of the most eye catching exhibits is the NASA space shuttle, Enterprise. After having served its missions, it is now docked in the Hudson for us to explore. The Deck also contains most of the museum’s collection of restored aircraft.
- Other notable attractions include attractions include Bell AH-1J Sea Cobra gunship, the submarine USS Growler, a Lockheed A-12 supersonic reconnaissance plane, Aurora 7 Mercury capsule replica; along with various exhibits from around the world like an Israeli Kfir and a Polish Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-17.
- This Hop on Hop off our is valid for 24 hours and you can hop on and hop off on any designated stop as you please, giving you all the time to explore each area and embrace your inner New Yorker.
- With picturesque landmarks like Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, the Guggenheim Museum, and more, you’re sure to fall in love with this magnificent city, at the comfort of a Double Decker bus.
- You get to choose from two ticket options which offer you maximum flexibility. You may select the Downtown experience which offers unlimited Hop-on Hop-off through the downtown area or pick the 24 hour pass which allows unlimited access across multiple routes.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The large collection of exhibits, including submarines, aircraft carriers, gunships, and space shuttle, makes it the best place to explore the prowess of American military history. What makes this place really special is its well preserved exhibits like the USS Intrepid, the NASA space shuttle Enterprise, Bell AH-1J Sea Cobra gunship, the submarine USS Growler, a Lockheed A-12 supersonic reconnaissance plane and Aurora 7 Mercury capsule replica, to name a few. It also features various exhibits from around the world like an Israeli Kfir and a Polish Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-17.
Hop on and Hop off Tour
Embrace the city that never sleeps on this 24 hour tour that is bound to give you an experience worth bragging about. With an audio guide and stops like Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, the Guggenheim Museum, and more, exploring the city has never been this easy. Depending on your preferences, you can select the Downtown experience which offers unlimited Hop-on Hop-off through the downtown area or pick the 24 hour pass which allows unlimited access across multiple routes
As you prepare yourself to take in the prowess of American military history, start at the Hangar Deck, and see the Intrepid’s technology on the left side, and discover the life of those that worked on the ship on the right. You will learn how the USS Intrepid fared in the Pacific Theater of the war as it was bombarded by 5 Kamikaze attacks and 1 torpedo strike. Like the legend that it is, the ship survived and played a crucial role in the war. Here, you can also engage with exhibits that show the Intrepid’s career in the Navy 1943 onward. You can also discover how daily life looked like for enlisted sailors aboard the Intrepid, and head on to the Gallery Deck to see the Ready Room, where pilots got instructions before take off, and the Combat Information Center. Next, prepare to take in the world's oldest existing nuclear-capable submarine. This tour is your best chance at coming close, exploring and learning the inner workings of a nuclear-powered submarine. You can explore certain sections that are open to the public, and learn about life aboard a submarine. Finally, move to the Flight Deck, where your admission pass will cover access to the NASA space shuttle, Enterprise. The shuttle was the first prototype that was developed by NASA, and having served its missions, it is now docked in the Hudson for us to explore and marvel at. The Deck also contains most of the museum’s collection of restored aircraft.
Hop on and Hop off Tour
Once you receive the Headout voucher for this tour, be sure to redeem at any of the visitor center locations listed on the voucher. At the visitor center, simply show your voucher on your mobile phone or bring a printed copy. After redeeming your voucher, you may use your ticket(s) to board a bus and start your tour at any of the hop-on, hop-off stops. Get off and on at your convenience for the next 24 hours from the time you board.
- Access to Intrepid Aircraft Carrier, Space Shuttle Pavilion, 28 Restored Aircraft, Growler Submarine
- 2 free films (“The Story of Intrepid” and “Kamikaze: Day of Darkness, Day of Light”)
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- Dare to Dream Exhibit
- Sustainability Exhibit
- Hop-on Hop-off Downtown Tour (Optional)
- 24 Hour Hop-on Hop-Off Pass (Optional)
Know Before You Go
Exhibit Closures for Exploreum, 4D Experience & G-Force Simulator
- Thursday, April 19: Closed after 2:00pm (The Museum closes at 4:00pm).
- Wednesday, April 25: Closed 4:00pm–5:00pm
- Thursday, April 26: Closed 3:00pm–5:00pm
- November 1 - March 31
Open daily from 10 AM - 5 PM
April 1 - October 31
- Monday to Friday: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 10 AM - 6 PM
Please note that final entry is one hour prior to closing time.
Subway: Take the A, C, E, N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3, 7 train to 42nd Street, then walk or take the M42 West Bus to Hudson River (12th Avenue). Walk North to the Intrepid Museum at 46th Street. Take the 7 train to the 34th Street – Hudson Yards station. Exit near 11th Avenue, and then walk west to 12th Avenue and North to the Intrepid Museum at 46th Street.
Bus: M34 (34th Sts), M42 (42nd St.) or M-50 (49th St.) to 12th Ave. and Hudson River. The Museum is a short walk North from the M34 and M42. The M50 can drop you off directly in front of the Intrepid.
Hop on and Hop off Tour
The buses on tour run from the stops every 20-30 minutes between 8 AM - 6 PM.
Please download a copy of the Hop-on Hop-off tour map to help you plan out your visit and navigate through the city.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
For Intrepid Museum
You will receive an email with your voucher. There’s no need to print the pass. All you have to do is show it on your phone at the entrance!
For Hop-on Hop-off Tickets
You will receive an email with your voucher. There’s no need to print the pass. However, you must redeem it at one of the following Visitor Center locations listed below:
- Gray Line New York, 777 8th Avenue. (btw. 47th & 48th St.) between 7 AM and 8 PM
- Empire State Building Visitor Center, 350 5th Avenue, (btw. 34th and 33rd Street) between 7 AM and 12 AM
- Pier 78, 38th Street & 12th Avenue between 10AM and 4PM
- Port Authority Bus Terminal,42nd St. (btw. 8th & 9th Ave.) between 7AM and 6PM
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! New York, 234 West 42nd Street between 8AM and 8PM
- Visitor Center at "NYC Gifts and Luggage",381 5th Avenue (btw. 35th and 36th Street) between 9AM and 2PM
- Visitor Center at Planet Hollywood,1540 Broadway (at 45th Street) between 9AM and 6PM
- Visitor Center at NY Loves Us Gifts & Souvenirs, 30 Vesey St. Corner of Church St., between 9AM and 4PM.
Intrepid Museum, New York