Grand Canal Guided Boat Tour
Enjoy the view of the majestic Venetian architecture against the azure skies along the most important canal in Venice, the Grand Canal, on a motor launch boat tour with an experienced guide who will regale you with stories and myths of Venice.
- Enjoy the sights of Venice along the Canal Grande in a motorboat
- Learn about the history and architecture of Venice with an expert local guide on board
- Admire exquisite Venetian buildings from the river including Santa Maria Della Salute, Ca’ Venier Dei Leoni, Palazzo Corner Della Ca’ Grande, Palazzo Grassi and Ca’Rezonnico
- Spend an hour on the busiest canal in Venice with the bobbing Gondolas and witness the unique Venetian way of life
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
Venice is one of the most unique cities in the world; built upon 118 small islands its waterways dictate the city’s lifestyle. You can experience Venice from the biggest canal in the city, the Grand Canal, on a private motorboat. The unique nature of the city meant that all the architecture was built facing towards the rivers and canals. This makes it the most stunning river boat tour you will ever experience!
The Grand Canal has wonderful architecture and buildings built from the 12th century to the 18th century. It was prime real estate and this is why you will see important buildings including palaces, museums and royal homes along the canal. Most of these buildings are built in the Byzantine, Renaissance, Baroque and Gothic architectural styles.
As you start your journey from San Marco in a motor launch boat, the river bends in an S shape into the city covering the important landmarks. You will go under four bridges that straddle the canal including the oldest bridge on the Grand Canal – the Ponte di Rialto, Ponte dell’Accademia, Ponte Degli Scalzi and the latest addition to the city – Ponte Della Costituzione or the Constitution Bridge.
Your guide on the boat tour will introduce you to the glory of erstwhile Venice and elaborate on the architecture you will sight along the way. The boat tour is an excellent opportunity to take photographs of the picturesque waterfront of the Grand Canal which includes the river traffic of gondolas.
Know Before You Go
- The tour runs at 03:30 PM and 04:30 PM every day.
- This tour typically runs for 1-hour
- Tours are conducted every day except for Christmas Day (25th December).
- Additional boat tours are conducted in the summer from 19th May 2017 to 30th September 2017 at 05:30 PM and 06:30 PM every day.
Guided Tour Language
The tour will be conducted in English
Super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
Amazing trip. Guide spoken very good english. Funny and teaching!
Venice can be enjoyed best through a boat. This is like a private taxi taking you around the most wonderful of places. We got a good deal from here
You really get to see so much through this boat ride. We saw many wonderful palaces like churches, public buildings and even some historical bridges. One must try this ride
How to use your tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher with your confirmation email shortly. There is no need to print the same. Flash this mobile voucher at the redemption point and proceed with the tour.
You can redeem your tickets at the Alilaguna Ticket Office at San Marco Giardini Reali. You will have to be present at least 15 minutes prior to the departure of your boat ride.
The San Marco Giardinetti Reali is a popular destination. You will find it between the San Marco Plaza and the Grand Canal. You can walk down there or reach there from other water taxis from the airport. The Alilaguna boards are displayed clearly along the stretch of road, guiding you to the office.
Alilaguna ticket office in San Marco, Venezia
- Explanations of significant elements and news of tourist interest on transit areas will be provided in multiple languages.
- Children up to 5 years travel free.
- This is not a private tour and there will be participants from other groups on the same tour
Other experiences similar to Grand Canal Guided Boat Tour