Montserrat and Barcelona Gaudi Artistic Full Day Trip
Enjoy the best of both spiritual and artistic Spain with this full day trip that will let your explore the natural beauty of Montserrat and its treasures while also allowing you to experience the architectural wonders of Barcelona, the playground of Antoni Gaudi.
- Immerse yourself in the spiritual atmosphere of the Montserrat mountain and enjoy some breathtaking views of the adjacent areas
- Admire the beautiful Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the carving of the Black Madonna and the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia enshrined in the structure.
- If the time of year is right, enjoy the performance by the children’s choir L’Escolania, which only adds to the exquisite experience of the Basilica.
- Return to Barcelona and admire the works of famed artist, Antoni Gaudi.
- Visit the whimsical Park Guell and marvel at the design of the majestic Sagrada Familia Basilica.
- Finish your day by visiting the various apartment buildings designed by the artist.
Head towards the serene beauty of spiritual Montserrat, the magical mountain range of Catalonia. You will start your trip in your comfortable coach ascending the mountain steadily until you hit a height of just a little over 4,000 ft, traversing the natural cement and sandstone rocks of the mountain, enjoying the majestic views as you go along.
Visit the Basilica of Montserrat, which houses the Virgin of Montserrat, who was the patron saint of Catalonia. The little monastery first gained fame and recognition when it started receiving pilgrims and visitors who spread the word of the miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Though the Monastery has modernized, it still caters to the needs of the pilgrims that stop here. You can also admire from a distance the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta, better known as the Black Madonna. The treasures within the monastery are almost as breathtaking as the views from it.
You will then be given some free time to visit the audio- visual exhibition about the creation of Montserrat and its rich history, as well as getting to taste the typical liquors of the mountain, hand made at the monastery itself. Should the time of year be opportune, you may get to enjoy the beautiful performance by the Escolania of Montserrat, the children’s choir at the sanctuary. Your tour to Montserrat will conclude at Julia Travel office, from where you will depart on your artistic tour of the city.
Begin this part of your tour at the bizarre but wondrous Park Guell, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a public park that seamlessly combines whimsical design and elements of architecture found in nature. Countless hours can be spent wandering the maze like park while admiring it's vibrant colors and intricate layout put together by famed artist Gaudi, whose works litter Barcelona and put the city on the map. Next, you will visit the city's most famous landmark, the maestro's masterpiece that remains unfinished, the Sagrada Familia Basilica. Your guide will walk you past the exteriors to admire the decadently decorated facades of the structure where the vaults are at a height of 70 meters. You will then continue to the Passeig de Gracia to see the apartment buildings designed in the modernist style by the artist, like Casa Mila, La Pedrera, and Casa Battlo, where your tour will end.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”.
- Guided walking tour of Park Güell with entrance
- Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló)
- Entrances to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know Before You Go
This tour begins from the Julia Travels Office at 9:15 AM but please check in 15 minutes prior to this time. The duration of this tour is approximately 10 hours, which will be split into two parts, the tour of Montserrat and the tour of Barcelona. Your visit to Montserrat will conclude at the Julia Travels Office, from where you will embark on your tour of Barcelona at 3:30 PM, with the check in being 15 minutes prior to that time. The tour finally ends at Casa Batlló - Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona.
Julia Travel Office - Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona
• Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
• Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
• Montserrat, being a mountain range, gets inclement weather depending on the season so you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold during certain times of the year.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. No need to print!
Julia Travel Office, Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Barcelona
Other experiences similar to Montserrat and Barcelona Gaudi Artistic Full Day Trip