Wine and Cava Full Day Trip
Relax on this day tour of three prominent wine cellars in the Penedes area of Catalunya as you not only learn about the elaborate process of making wine and cava, Catalan sparkling wine, but also get to taste the delicate wines and cava indigenous to this part of the country.
- Explore some of the most prominent wineries in Catalunya and learn about their histories and the intricate process of making wine and cava.
- Get to sample the wines that are native to this region, produces in house by the three wineries you will visit.
Spain has made quite the mark on the world when it comes to producing wine, and much of it is due to Catalunya, one of the richest wine producing areas in the country, boasting eleven appellations of origin, or geographical indications of characteristics due to the environment in which these wines are produced. Vines have been growing in Catalonia for more than 2,000 years so it is no surprise that Catalunya is Spain’s biggest producer of wine with a production rate of 380 million bottles per year, including cava, which accounts for half of this production.
Your tour will take you first to the Bodegues Jean Leon, a winery where you will get to taste two of the signature wines they produce in house before then heading to the next winery, the Bodegues Torres, where the staff will treat you to a tasting of 3 sets of wine and cheese, a combination adored the world over. You will conclude your tour after visiting the winery of Caves Freixenet, where you will specifically get to sample two distinct cavas, along with an appetizer, courtesy of the winery.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Multilingual official guide
- Guided tour and tasting of two different wines at Jean Leon Winery.
- Guided tour and combined tasting (3 cheeses and 3 wines) at Bodegues Torres.
- Guided tour and tasting of two different sparkling wine (cava) and appetizer at Cavas Freixenet winery.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know Before You Go
This tour begins at 8:30 AM from the Julia Travel Office but please check in fifteen minutes prior to this time. The duration of this tour is approximately 8 hours.
Julia Travel Office: Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive your tickets via email. You need to print the same. We know it sucks but we are trying to get this changed soon.