Budapest Food Tour
Discover Hungarian cuisine with 8 different tastings of authentic mouthwatering specialties during a guided walking tour through the heart of downtown Pest & the Jewish Quarter.
Eat your way around Budapest! A foodie revolution has swept through the city in recent years & brought with it Michelin star gourmet restaurants, reinvented market halls, street vendors, & elegant cafes & quirkey food trucks. On the Eat Hungary tour not only do you get a perfect day of eating with the help of a knowledgable local guide but you'll also learn a little about Hungarian history, traditions, & culture along the way. You will be taken on the off beaten path, to local eateries & shops not frequented by all the regular tourists. The tour begins at the Cityrama office with stops at Belvárosi Piac the downtown market hall on Hold utca (NOT to be confused with the Central Market Hall), local butcher shop, cheese shop, traditional restaurants & finally a neighborhood pub for a taste of locally made artisanal beers. There is a little something for everyone!
- Hungarian cheese specialties
- Selection of Hungarian salamis
- 'Lángos' (fried Hungarian flat bread)
- 'Kolbász & Hurka' (sausages & pickled vegetables)
- 'Túró Rudi' (a chilled chocolate covered dessert)
- 'Kürtőskalács' (a sweet dough pastry covered in sugar)
'7. Flódni' (Jewish-Hungarian cake with 4 different fillings)
- Variety of craft beers
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Know Before You Go
This tour takes place at 3 PM on Monday, Thursday & Friday between April - October. It takes place at 2 PM on Fridays between November - March.
Cityrama office - Budapest, Báthory utca 22, 1054 Hungary
• This tour includes approximately 3 kms of walking, so please come in comfortable shoes
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 people
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive your mobile voucher via email instantly. No need to print!