Gondola Ride: Grand Canal Experience
Rocambolesco! A Gondola ride down the Canal Grande promises you a fantastic experience you won’t forget! Gliding down the waters of Venice in a quaint gondola with a gondolier serenading you with lovely Italian music is indeed memorable. With or without a serenade, take a walk down history lane and you’ve got the perfect day in Venice!
- Skip the line ticket on a 30-minute shared gondola ride.
- Enjoy the grandeur of Venice through its canals in the iconic gondola
- Explore the waterways and the celebrated parts of the Grand Canal including the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Desdemona’s House and Mozart’s House
- Take in the sights of the Rio De le Ostreghe and reach the Salute Church and Punta Della Dogana from where you can enjoy the panoramic view of St. Giorgio’s Island, Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s with its bell tower.
Every view of Venice is like a picture postcard - the azure skies, the imposing architecture and the laidback current of the canals with the quaint gondolas. The gondola is the most authentic way you can experience Venice. As your gondola ambles along the Grand Canal you will be able to view Gothic and Baroque architecture from the times of Renaissance. All the buildings with their stunning facades face towards the canals offering a great view of the city.
You will go across iconic landmarks in Venice including the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and homes of Desdemona and Mozart. This area of the Grand Canal is gorgeous and has a vibrant history which goes back to its prime when Venice was the economic and cultural hub of Europe. You will have the opportunity to capture photographs of the place that hasn’t changed much in centuries! The short but memorable gondola ride ends at the Salute Church from where you have a panoramic view of Doge’s Palace, St. Giorgio Island and the bell tower of St. Mark’s. It’s an image that will stay in your mind forever.
- A free map with the landmarks and attractions that will be covered only on the Gondola ride of 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM
Know Before You Go
- Every day at 11 AM and 4 PM
- The tour runs every day except on Dec 25th and Jan 1st.
- The tour will not operate in case of extremely bad weather or a gondolier’s strike.
- Seating will be determined by the gondolier, keeping in mind each guest's weight for optimum balance on the gondola.
Calle Larga de l’Ascension, right in front of the post office.
Arrival by Public Vaporetto
Take Line 1 and get off at San Marco Vallaresso stop. Walk down to the end of Calle Vallaresso and take a right turn. Then walk until you find a colonnade right in front of the post office.
Arrival by Private Watertaxi
Ask to be dropped at ‘Todaro’ landing. From there turn left and go straight till you reach Calle Vallaresso. Take a right turn until you find a colonnade in front of the post office.
Super Flexible Cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Very clear layout & easy to confirm bookings. Will be using again!
The Gondola ride does offer you alot more than what you can take in. The history and culture of the place is clearly visible while riding it
A trip to Venice is incomplete without the Gondola Ride. It was one of the best parts of our vacation.
You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile vouchers shortly. No need to print. Display the same on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID to your guide separately at both the meeting points and proceed with the tour.
Calle Larga Ascensione,, (in front of Museo Correr), Venice
- The gondola will hold a maximum of six passengers; guests may have to share the gondola with participants from other groups.