Venice Walking Tour + St. Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace Skip The line
Walk the streets of Venice with a certified guide and experience the charm of this city masked under its umpteen churches, museums, meandering canals and ancient gothic buildings. Gain priority access to 2 prime attractions in Venice - St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace along with guided commentary.
- Explore the charm of Serenissima Republic on foot with a certified guide narrating gripping commentary about everything you walk by.
- Admire St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace with your guide, learning about the structures and their rich provenance.
- Learn about how the history of Venice and how it became the most important trading centre in Europe from being a mere cluster of muddy islands.
- Ask questions galore because our knowledgeable guide will be more than happy to attend to you.
- Have the option to view a fascination glass blowing demonstration in St Mark's Square.
Discover the essence of Venice, by walking the streets of Serenissima Republic with our experienced guide.
Quench your thirst to know everything about the city while walking through the Piazza San Marco bestrewed with monuments like Basilica San Marco, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. While you're here, admire the Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great school of Charity, Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the main shopping area Mercerie where you can shop but not until you drop as you have a lot more to see!
Skip the line and walk into the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) and immerse yourself in the political history of Venice while you're here. Live it together with your guide who will show you the halls of power, and tell your stories that have rarely left the walls of the palace. Admire the Renaissance painting adorning the palace and relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting the Venetian lover, Casanova.
Jump the queue again and follow your tour guide through St. Mark's Basilica, one of Italy's most majestic cathedrals. Walk on delicate marble floors and gold mosaics while viewing masterpieces of Byzantine art and learning about the biblical importance of this monument. After the Basilica, the guide will leave you to explore other buildings of importance around St. Mark’s Square. You can walk around and discover the Venetian way of life from their paintings, libraries, coinages and sculptures. Some of the building you can't afford to miss are the Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
Once you have absorbed all of Venice's rich history, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
- 1 hour shared walking tour
- 1 hour shared guided tour of the Golden Basilica and Pala d'Oro
- 1 hour shared guided tour of Doge's Palace
- Audio-guide devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- The ticket is valid to visit palaces around St. Mark’s Square by yourself without the guide (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Complimentary Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
Know Before You Go
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday (not operational on Sundays).
- The tour begins at 9:00 AM and goes on for approximately 3.5 hours. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- This tour will not be operational on December 8th, December 25th, January 1st, January 6th, during religious celebrations and in the case of high tide.
Guided Tour Commentary languages
1 April 2018 to 31 October 2018
- Everyday: English, German, Spanish and French
- Saturday: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian
The visit is monolingual.
1 November 2018 to 31 March 2019
- Everyday: English
- Monday and Friday: German
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: French
- Wednesday and Saturday: Spanish
The visit could be bilingual.
Saint Mark’s Square – The Clock tower near the exchange office (the white building with the blue clock façade). Our assistant will be waiting with a signboard that reads TOUR.
Arriving By Public Vaporetto:
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right towards the YEX exchange building. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving By Private Watertaxi:
Get dropped at the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you get off, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right and find under the Clock Tower our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR.
Arriving On Foot:
The Clock Tower is located on Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight ahead leaving the Basilica to your right and you will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive your mobile voucher via email shortly. There is no need to print the ticket. Once you reach St. Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near the Exchange Office (White building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard that reads TOUR. Please join him/her and proceed for the tour.
St. Mark's Square, Clock Tower Near Exchange Office, Venezia
- As the Basilica is a house of worship, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed).
- For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doge's Palace. Prior to your visit, please deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square - Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge.
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same party.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Comfortable shoes are suggested as there is plenty of walking involved.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected.In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.