Venice Walking Tour + St. Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace Skip The line
Walk the streets of Venice with a certified guide and experience the charm of this city masked under its umpteen churches, museums, meandering canals and ancient gothic buildings. Gain priority access to 2 prime attractions in Venice - St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace along with guided commentary.
- Explore the charm of Venice on foot
- Discover the city with a certified guide narrating gripping commentary about everything you walk by
- Skip the 45-minute queues at St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Learn about how the history of Venice and how it became the most important trading centres in Europe from being a mere cluster of muddy islands.
- Ask questions galore because our knowledgeable guide will be more than happy to attend to you.
- Private boat trip to Murano Glass Factory (complimentary optional coupon)
Discover the essence of Venice, by walking the streets of Serenissima Republic with our experienced guide.
Quench your thirst to know everything about the city while walking through the Piazza San Marco bestrewed with monuments like Basilica San Marco, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. While you're here, admire the Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great school of Charity, Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the main shopping area Mercerie where you can shop but not until you drop as you have a lot more to see!
Skip the line and walk into the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) and immerse yourself in the political history of Venice while you're here. Live it together with your guide who will show you the halls of power, and tell your stories that have rarely left the walls of the palace. Admire the Renaissance painting adorning the palace and relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting the Venetian lover, Casanova.
Jump the queue again and follow your tour guide through St. Mark's Basilica, one of Italy's most majestic cathedrals. Walk on delicate marble floors and gold mosaics while viewing masterpieces of Byzantine art and learning about the biblical importance of this monument. After the Basilica, the guide will leave you to explore other buildings of importance around St. Mark’s Square. You can walk around and discover the Venetian way of life from their paintings, libraries, coinages and sculptures. Some of the building you can't afford to miss are the Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
Once you have absorbed all of Venice's rich history, use your complimentary coupon for a visit to the Murano Glass Factory and discover Venice's greatest art - glassmaking. Watch the craftsmen mould magic with their hands and give it a try as well!
Please note this is a free-of-charge optional trip by private boat to Murano Island (generally scheduled from 2 PM to 4 PM) and it is not a part of the guided tour. Be kindly aware that this optional visit could take longer than the scheduled time and that we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
- Audio-guide devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Ticket valid to visit palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Complimentary ticket to Murano Glass Factory with private boat journey(to and fro)
Know Before You Go
This tour is available from Monday to Saturday (not operational on Sundays)
It starts at 9:00 AM and goes on for approximately 3.5 hours
This tour will not be operational on Dec 8th, Dec 25th, Jan 1st, Jan 6th and during religious celebrations
Guided commentary languages
English - Every day
German - Monday & Friday
French - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Spanish - Wednesday & Saturday
Please note, your visit could be bilingual
Arriving By Public Vaporetto:
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right towards the YEX exchange building. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving By Private Watertaxi:
Get dropped at the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you get off, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right and find under the Clock Tower our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR.
Arriving By Foot:
The Clock Tower is located on Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight ahead leaving the Basilica to your right and you will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Moderate cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. There is no need to print the ticket. Once you reach St Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near YEX exchange office ( white building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard reading "TOUR". Please join him/her and proceed for the tour.
St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy, Venezia
- The Basilica being a house of worship, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed)
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided)
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes are suggested as there is plenty of walking involved.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected.In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide