Guided Tour of St. Mark's Basilica, Doge's Palace & Walking Tour of Venice
Walk the streets of Venice with a certified guide and experience the charm of this city masked under its umpteen churches, museums, meandering canals, and ancient gothic buildings. Gain priority access to 2 prime attractions in Venice - St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace along with guided commentary.
- Explore the charm of the floating city on foot with a certified guide narrating gripping commentary about everything you walk by, on a walking tour of Venice.
- Waltz into the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica with your priority access tickets, allowing you to skip the infamous queues.
- Enjoy a guided tour with our exemplary guide narrating interesting facts, important fragments of history and gripping tales.
- Benefit from a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square.
Traverse the Lengths of the Floating City on an Immersive Guided Walking Tour
Discover the essence of Venice, by walking the streets of Serenissima Republic with our experienced guide. Quench your thirst to know everything about the city while walking through the Piazza San Marco bestrewed with monuments like Basilica San Marco, Bell Tower, Clock Tower, and Procuratie. While you're here, admire the Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great school of Charity, Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the main shopping area Mercerie where you can shop but not until you drop as you have a lot more to see!
Plunge Into the Political History of Venice at the Doge's Palace
Skip the line and walk into the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) and immerse yourself in the political history of Venice while you're here. Live it together with your guide who will show you the halls of power, and tell your stories that have rarely left the walls of the palace. Admire the Renaissance painting adorning the palace and relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting the Venetian lover, Casanova.
Explore the Opulent St. Mark's Basilica
Jump the queue again and follow your tour guide through St. Mark's Basilica, one of Italy's most majestic cathedrals. Walk on delicate marble floors and gold mosaics while viewing masterpieces of Byzantine art and learning about the biblical importance of this monument. After the Basilica, the guide will leave you to explore other buildings of importance around St. Mark’s Square. You can walk around and discover the Venetian way of life from their paintings, libraries, coinages and sculptures. Some of the building you can't afford to miss are the Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
Enjoy Added Benefits Like Museum Access and a Glassblowing Demonstration
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day. This ticket also gives you access to a few other places of importance (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) around St Mark’s Square which you can set out to explore on your own. Note: All Museums restrict entry one hour before closing time.
If you only have a short period of time to see the absolute best that Venice has to offer, this tour is the perfect way to maximize your time and experience the wonders of the city in the company of an expert local guide and priority access to Venice's most iconic attractions.
- 1 hour shared walking tour.
- 1 hour shared guided tour of the Golden Basilica and Pala d'Oro.
- 1 hour shared guided tour of Doge's Palace.
- Audio-guide devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- The ticket is valid to visit palaces around St. Mark’s Square by yourself without the guide (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Complimentary Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
Know Before You Go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday (not operational on Sundays).
- The tour begins at 9:00 AM and goes on for approximately 3.5 hours. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- This tour will not be operational on December 8th, December 25th, January 1st, January 6th, during religious celebrations and in the case of high tide.
Guided Tour Commentary languages
1 April 2019 to 31 October 2019
- Everyday: English, German, Spanish and French
- Saturday: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian
The visit is monolingual.
1 November 2019 to 31 March 2020
- Everyday: English
- Monday and Friday: German
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: French
- Wednesday and Saturday: Spanish
The visit could be bilingual.
The Basilica is a place of worship, hence, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time for you to do so!
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You will receive your Skip The Line: St. Mark's Basilica, Doge's Palace & Walking Tour of Venice voucher via email shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Meet your tour guide in front of the St Mark's Clocktower, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy. It is also known as Torre dell'Orologio
- Landmark : Yex Change SRL , a small kiosk below the St. Mark's Clocktower
- Your guide will be waiting for you right next to this kiosk, with a signboard reading "TOUR".
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - 'Torre dell'Orologio '.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Clock Tower across the adjacent St. Mark's Basilica. You will find the red Yex Change board here.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square and look for the Clock Tower across the adjacent Basilica. You will find the red Yex Change board here.
Arriving on Foot
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Note: Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for a refund.
The tour reservations have strict timings. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).