Boat Tour to Murano, Burano & Torcello Islands With Glass Factory Tour
Go off the beaten track with a boat tour to the islands of the Venetian Lagoon – Murano, Burano and Torcello. Learn the art of glass blowing in Murano, capture the colourful vibe of Burano and get lost in time in the historical Torcello. This guided boat tour promises a blissful Venetian getaway, a must do for the art and history lovers!
- Go on a guided tour of the Venetian Islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello
- Visit a glass making factory on the Murano Island and learn about the exquisite art of glass blowing
- Enjoy walking down the picturesque streets of Burano with its colourful houses
- Step back into time in Torcello and admire the Gothic architecture and see the stunning Byzantine mosaics, and peek into the crypt and sacristy
- Take a break from buzzing Venice and explore the idyllic island life on the Venetian Islands
You will begin your tour on a Grand Tourism motorboat with a guide who will tell you fascinating stories of the Venetian Lagoon and its islands. Almost two millennia ago, in 453, the Huns drove out the inhabitants of Altino towards the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello in the Venetian Lagoon. Here the islands prospered, each developing its own unique character which you will get to explore on this special half day outing.
As you start moving away from the harbour you will sail past the island of San Giorgio Maggiore and view the tip of Lido Island. Your first stop is the Murano Island, world-renowned for its glass. Venetian glass is known for its high quality and exquisite craftsmanship. The tour will stop at a glass manufacturing factory to view the glass making process. Murano also has stunning Gothic architecture that is displayed in the Palazzo da Mula, Santa Maria e Donato’s Cathedral and the eccentric Murano lighthouse that is made of Istrian stone.
You will then head to the colourful island of Burano. Legends say that the fishermen of yore looked out from the sea towards the colourful houses and sought their way home! Today, the tradition of painting houses in an array of colors continues and makes for a picturesque view. As you draw near the island, the pop of color is amazing; Burano is definitely one of the most vibrant places on Earth! Every nook and corner is picture perfect and you will want to take several photographs of this place. The island is also popular for Burano Lace which is still crafted by the ladies of Burano. You can soak in the culture of the town in a walk through the Galuppi Square and watch the buzz of the island!
The next and last stop on the tour is at Torcello. As you get down from your boat you will notice that time almost seems to come at a standstill on the island. Going back centuries, the architecture is still the same. You will visit the Basilica of Torcello which is known for its Byzantine mosaics and its secret crypt and sacristy. Hitherto unknown to the public, today you can visit the crypt to see the ancient brick architecture. You will return back to Venice and the humdrum of the busy city bringing with you the ancient memories of the Venetian Islands.
- A return ticket on the motorboat to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello
- Services of a multi-lingual guide
- Entry to the glass making factory in Murano
- Entry in the churches of Torcello
- Food, drinks and any refreshments in the duration of the tour
- Tips and any other gratuities on the tour
Know Before You Go
- The tour runs every day at 09:30 AM and 02:00 PM in the afternoon.
- The tour will not run on Dec 25th.
- The motorboats are covered hence they will run during rain or snow; however in case of extremely bad weather, the tour will be cancelled.
Your meeting point for the boat tour is at the Yellow Box in front of the Prison’s Palace near the Ponte Della Paglia.
Arrival by Public Vaporetto
Take Line 1 and get off at the S. MARCO – S.ZACCARIA (Danieli) stop. After alighting you will turn left and walk right up to the Ponte Della Paglia. Here, opposite the bridge, on your right is the Prison’s Palace and a yellow desk where you can redeem your mobile voucher and proceed for the tour.
Arrival by Private Watertaxi
Ask to be dropped at Monumento landing stage. From there turn left and cross the first bridge. Keep walking straight ahead and you will find the yellow desk by the Prison’s Palace on your right side. Redeem your mobile voucher here and proceed for the tour
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
We wanted to do something different in Venice and this tour seemed perfect.
You will always find good discounts on Headout. For the boat tour, I got a cashback offer.
Very good boat trip Murano, Burano and Torcello. 8 points only because 40 minutes free time each island to see Burano and Torcello not enough.
How to use my tickets
Once you complete the booking, you will get a mobile voucher on your email ID. There is no need to print the same. Flash this mobile voucher to your guide and proceed with the tour.
shore excrusion tour desk, Venice
- The tour will be conducted in five languages – English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
- This boat tour is not wheelchair accessible or for people with walking disabilities.