Guided Tour of the Tate Museum
Dive into the world of modern and contemporary art in the world famous Tate Modern Museum and check out the eight different display exhibits; learn more about the paintings and their origin with your resourceful art historian guide.
- Explore the Tate Modern Museum, one the largest artwork museums in the country dedicated to modern and contemporary art.
- Walk across the many rooms, each dedicated to particular artists such as Tracey Emin, John Latham, Douglas Gordon and several other prolific painters from this era.
- Check out the works of legendary modern and contemporary artists David Hockney, Peter Blake and Francis Bacon.
- 2-2.5 hours small group tour of the Tate Modern Museum with a maximum of up to 10 people. You may book a private tour for maximum immersion.
- Learn more about the paintings on display as well as the artists with your knowledgeable art historian guide.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Tate Modern Museum is Britain’s national gallery of international modern art. One of the largest modern and contemporary art museums in the world, Tate Modern Museum attracts nearly 5 million visitors each year and is ranked the 6th most visited museum across the globe. With more than 40 rooms spread across three levels of gallery space, the museum houses a total of around 1,500 paintings and the main collection consists of 8 areas each with a unique theme or subject.
To get the best from your Tate Modern Museum, a small tour group or a private tour is the way to go. Learn more about the history behind the paintings and the turbulent times they were painted in. Discover the hidden mysteries of the techniques employed by these artists as your guide narrates the details and stories behind the famous paintings and describes their prominence in the world of modern and contemporary art.
Old is gold...and at Tate Modern Museum so is the new. Experience the best artworks of the 19th and 20th century as you discover the galleries of the world famous modern and contemporary art museum. See the works of legends such as Picasso, Dali, Mondrian, Rothko and several other prominent figures from the world of art and learn about their fascinating painting styles as you learn about the ages of impressionism, modernism, cubism and more.
Diving into the world of modern art is an overwhelming experience and having a professional art historian guide is exactly what you need to have a memorable day at the museum. As you learn more and marvel at the paintings, your perception of modern art is bound to take new shape.
Must See Paintings
- Marilyn Diptych by Andy Warhol
- Nude Woman With Necklace by Pablo Picasso
- Mountain Lake by Salvador Dali
- The Uncertainty of the Poet by Georgio de Chirico
- Seagram Murals by Mark Rothko
- Lightning with Stag in its Glare by Joseph Beuys
- Spatial Concept ‘Waiting’ by Lucio Fontana
- Jazzmen by Jacques Mahe de la Villegle
- Tiny Deaths by Bill Viola
Please note that some of the artwork might be on loan or undertaken for restoration.
- Admission to the Tate Modern Museum
- Services of a professional art historian guide
- Private group tour (Optional)
- Access to the special exhibitions and events
Know Before You Go
Semi Private Tour Timings:
Mon - Sun: 10 AM & 1 PM
Private Tour Timings:
Mon - Sun: 10 AM & 1 PM
Tate Modern Museum timings:
Sun - Thurs: 10 AM - 6 PM
Fri - Sat: 10 AM - 10 PM
Last admission to the museum from Sunday to Thursday is 5:15 PM and last admission from Fri - Sat is 9:15 PM.
- Routes 45, 63 and 100 stop on Blackfriars Bridge Road.
- Routes RV1 and 381 stop on Southwark Street.
- Route 344 stops on Southwark Bridge Road.
- Southwark (Jubilee Line, 600 metres approx
- Blackfriars: District and Circle Line, 800 metres approx
- St Paul’s: Central Line, 1,100 metres approx.
- Blackfriars 300 metres from the South exit; 800 metres from the North exit.
- London Bridge 1,100 metres approx. .
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
We got the best tour guide, he was well-informed and friendly. This is a must visit place.
For an art student like me, this place is great. I didn’t cover all the exhibits, so I am definitely coming back.
I fell in love with the Tate Museum, this is a gorgeous place. It is one of the best museums I have ever visited.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your voucher via email. No need to print
Meet between the two front doors on the river side, which is the base of the chimney
Tate Modern , Bankside, London