Discover Berlin Walking Tour
The all-embracing tour you shouldn’t miss! Informative, thought-provoking and brings the history alive ...We cover ALL the main sights worth seeing: The Berlin Wall, site of Hitler's Bunker, Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and LOTS more!
The all-embracing tour you shouldn’t miss!
Informative, thought-provoking and brings the history alive ...We cover ALL the main sights worth seeing: The Berlin Wall, site of Hitler's Bunker, Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and LOTS more!
Our guides’ superb story-telling skills weave the themes of Prussian, Imperial, Nazi, Cold War, and 21st Century Berlin into a detailed narrative, stretching from Berlin’s swampy origins in medieval times to recent controversies about the design of the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
On the way, meet characters who have left their imprint on the city: Albert Einstein, Marlene Dietrich, and JFK, and stand above where Hitler took his life in April 1945.
Learn how and why the Berlin Wall was constructed in 1961 and see where daring escapes across it took place before its fall as a result of the peaceful revolution of 1989!
We’ll show you all these sights!
- Berlin Wall
- Brandenburg Gate
- The “Deathstrip”
- (stand above) Hitler’s Bunker
- Site of Goebbels’ Bunker
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Reichstag building
- Nazi Air Ministry
- (walk through) the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Unter den Linden
- Pariser Platz and the American Embassy
- Museum Island
- Pergamon Museum
- Pleasure Garden (Lustgarten)
- Bebelplatz, scene of Nazi bookburning
- Potsdamer Platz (contemporary architectural marvels)
- Site of SS and Gestapo HQs (Topography of Terror)
- “Ghost Station”
- Palace Square (Schlossplatz)
- New Synagogue
- Red Town Hall
- Nikolaikirche (Berlin’s oldest church)
- Royal Armoury (Zeughaus, German History Museum)
- Russian Embassy
- War Memorial (Neue Wache)
- TV Tower
- Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom)
- Catholic Cathedral (St. Hedwig’s)
- Friedrichstrasse (shopping mile)
- Humboldt University
- State Opera House
- Tiergarten (Berlin’s central park)
Children 0 - 12 years old go FREE!
Know Before You Go
The Discover Berlin Walking Tour from 1st April until 31st October is at 10:30 AM and 2 PM daily.
The Discover Berlin Walking Tour from 1st November to 31st March is at 10:30 AM and 2 PM daily excepts for Tuesdays which is at 10:30 only.
Tour duration is approximately 3.5 hours.
Meeting Point: * Outside Restaurant Weihenstephaner (which is opposite Hackescher Markt S-Bahn Station.) Please proceed to the meeting point on your chosen departure day at least 30 mins before Tour Start.
Tour finishes at Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin.
Tour runs in all weather.
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.