Game of Thrones Tour
Go on the ultimate tour that offers the thrill of Game of Thrones in the most spectacular destinations of Iceland. Enjoy a full-day guided tour across all the spots, where the most epic scenes of the series were filmed, in the beautiful Pingvellir National Park. A treat for fans and nature lovers, this tour will make you fall in love with Iceland!
- Explore the stunning locations in South Iceland where the TV series Game of Thrones was filmed
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of Pingvellir National Park and Þjórsárdalur valley
- Revisit the episodes where the most extraordinary scenes were shot right from Season 2 to Season 7
- Spend a day out walking in the footsteps of your favourite characters from the series
A true Game of Thrones fan will have the soundtrack running in their head and view not just the hills and waterfalls, but also imagine Sansa and Arya on this unique tour! And if you are new to Game of Thrones then this tour is just the one to find the most interesting and spectacular scenery of Iceland and of course to head back home and binge watch the TV series that has swept the world.
Iceland has been one of the filming locations of the popular TV series ‘Game of Thrones’. The series was shot in Iceland in both summer and winter, offering the best of the country to viewers across the world. Many fans make this journey to pay tribute to their favourite characters. You will experience the best of these destinations in this tour of the south of Iceland, including volcanic lava fields, blue glaciers, verdant hills and rocky canyons.
You will visit the Pingvellir National Park, a World Heritage Site and the Þjórsárdalur valley where most of these scenes have been shot. You will be accompanied by an energetic and witty guide who will likely have seen the cast and crew during the shooting at these locations. Regaling you with behind the scene stories for the series, the guide will also give you snippets of information about Icelandic culture and heritage of each of these places.
Some of the epic scenes from the series, the locations of which you will visit on this tour are
- Drogon the dragon hunts for goats (S4E06)
- The Hound and Brienne of Tarth fight for -Arya Stark (S4E10 – Can visit only during summer)
- The Bloody Gate. Lord Baelish (Little Finger) and Sansa Stark on the way to the Eyrie (S4E05)
- The Hound and Arya on the same route (S4E08)
- Wildlings and Thenns attack what is often called Olly's farm/village (S4E03)
- Thenns and Wildlings meet in the canyon, Styr is introduced (S4E01)
- After leaving The Hound, Arya on her way to find a ship to Braavos (S4E10)
This tour through Iceland’s spectacular destinations will leave the nature lover and Game of Thrones fan in you satisfied! It’s an epic tour you cannot miss!
- Services of an expert guide
- Round-trip transportation by bus/shuttle
- Free pickup at guesthouse/ hotel/ bus stops
Know Before You Go
The tour lasts for about 8 hours.
The guided commentary will include R-rated language and may not be suitable for children and sensitive individuals
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel your tour booking 24 hours prior to departure for a full refund.
I just loved the Game of Thrones tour. I'm a huge fan of the series and visiting the locations where they shot was a dream come true.
Iceland is so beautiful and this tour is the best. I could literally see the episode when I went to the places. Excellent stuff.
This tour was amazing. I got to walk where Sansa and Arya Stark walked. I absolutely loved the experience. I could imagine the episode playing.
How to use your tickets
You will receive an email voucher when you complete your booking and payment. You can simply show the voucher on your mobile at the pickup.
You will be picked up from your place of stay/accommodation.
Tour starts and ends at the vicinity of your hotel, Reykjavík