Ramblas and Barri Gotic Walking Tour
The Ramblas and Barri Gotic tour explores the history of the old town of Barcelona. Discover the maze like complex of the Barri Gotic and explore the must see landmarks as you hear crazy stories from the bygone times.
Your Tour Highlights
- Learn about Barcelona’s historical, mysterious, multifaceted culture and discover the secrets of this age-old city.
- Explore the old town of Barcelona and walk through some iconic places including Les Ramblas, Santa Eulalia, Sant Jaume Square and more.
- Knowledgeable guide through the duration of your tour providing inputs on the surroundings and places you visit.
Begin your tour at Barcelona’s most famous boulevard, Las Ramblas, and see the show of visitors at the venue. Learn the secrets of the Las Ramblas - its inspiration in Picasso's works and its destruction three times over the course of history. Next, you will visit the Barri Gotic - a medieval maze of narrow alleys, camouflaged churches, shaded plazas. Walk through this old-school area and hear the legendary stories of Barri Gotic from your local guide.
You will also get to visit the Sant Jaume Square where you can see Barcelona’s dancing egg, a fascinating, ambient sight created by using the principle of physics. Walk through the Roman walls and temple in the old city and explore the 2,000-year-old venue. The tour ends at the majestic steps of the Placa del Rei where the King of Spain welcomed Christopher Columbus back from his world-transforming expedition.
Know Before You Go
The tour starts at 3:00 pm from the ‘Teatre Liceu’ opera house on the central walkway on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to find your tour leader and get acquainted with the member of your tour group.
All cancellations/rescheduling requests made 72 hours prior to the start time of your experience will be processed for free without any additional charges.
Carsen was a wonderful tour guide! We enjoyed walking around the gothic quarter and learning about the history of Barcelona and Spain. She also sent us a list of restaurant recommendations in Barcelona and one of her recommendations was our best meal in Spain! Thank you!
Excellent value! Guide knowledgeable, earpieces provided so all participants could equally hear explanations and directions. Learned a great deal more than I thought we’d learn! Anecdotals provided to hold interest; very happy we chose this activity since we didn’t have a long time in this beautiful city.
Set up four sightseeing tours , will give my opinion of the experience after the trip
How To Redeem Tickets
• You will receive an email with your voucher in a few minutes.
• Please display your e-voucher to your tour guide at the beginning of your tour near the 'Teatre Liceu' opera house.
• Your tour begins at 03:00 pm and your ticket is valid only for the day you've booked the experience.
Teatre Liceu, Barcelona