The Peranakan Trail
Uncover the traditions of the ancient Peranakan culture and discover the age-old culture and heritage which took roots from the 15th century.
Peranakan Trail Highlights
- Discover the culture of the Peranakans; descendants of the Chinese immigrants who came to the Malay archipelago
- Stroll through the Spice Garden and discover varieties of spices and herbs used in the local diet
- Witness a display of Peranakan culture with costumes, jewelry, craft work and more.
- Study the rich baroque Peranakan architecture in Katong and Joo Chiat
- Food sampling of Nonya Delicacies to complete the tour
Your Peranakan Tour Experience
Venture on a journey into one of the island’s oldest cultures, the Peranakans. Originally, descendants of Chinese immigrants, the Peranakans hold an important place in shaping the land and the culture it represents today.
Walk through the Spice Garden, the original site of the Botanic Gardens, and discover a wide range of spices and herbs that are used in the Peranakan cuisine. You will also be treated to a display of Peranakan culture which includes indigenous costumes, embroidery, beadwork, craft work and much more as you gain insights into the culture of the Peranakan.
Stroll through the Katong and Joo Chiat district and take in rows of colorful shophouses which date back to the 1920’s and 1930s; before ending your tour with a sampling of Nonya Delicacies.
- Guided tour of the Peranakan Trail
- Food sampling of Nonya delicacies
- Hotel Transfers
Know Before You Go
- Tour operates only on Tuesdays and Fridays (except public holidays)
- Child Ticket: Ages 3-12
100% cancellation charge applies for no-show or cancellation within 24 hours.
You will get an email confirmation shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone at the time of pick-up with a valid photo ID.