The Columbus Monument
Take a lift to the top of the Columbus monument, locally called Monumento a Color or Mirador De Colon, and get breathtaking views of the city.
Columbus Monument Ticket Highlights
- Admission to the Columbus Monument
- Admission to the viewing gallery at Columbus Monument
- Wine tasting(Optional)
Why Visit Columbus Monument
Built to commemorate Christopher Columbus's journey to the Americas, the 197 ft tall iron monument is a special dedication to the skilled naval commander. The structure, completed in 1888, is a breathtaking spectacle. Sculpted by Rafael Atche, the 131 ft Corinthian column is capped by a 24 ft statue of Columbus. The intricate carvings and sculptures all along the column, its base, and pedestal, reflect the artwork this city is world-famous for. Catch beautiful views of the monument and travel to the top where you can see a panoramic view of the city.
Your Columbus Monument Experience
Visit the Columbus monument and see the overwhelming monument in all its glory. Take in the majestic architecture and see the details on the column as you learn about its rich history. Once you’ve taken in the monument it's time to go to the top of the monument, from where you will be able to see the entire city below you.
Take in the 360-degree panoramic view from the top and see Barcelona’s attractions all around you. From here you can also go for a wine tasting where you taste four of the best varieties of cava and wine.
- Admission to Columbus Monument
- Access to panoramic area of the monument
- A glass of red, white, rosé wine or cava chosen from the four Designation of Origin regions: Alella, Catalunya, Penedès and Pla de Bages. (Optional)
Know Before You Go
- Timings: 8:30 am - 7:30 pm
- Meeting Point: plaça del Portal de la Pau, s/n. Metro: L3, Drassanes stop. Bus: 59, 91, 120, D20 and H16.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You must carry a printed copy of the voucher to the venue along with a valid photo ID.