Grand Canyon West Rim Airplane Tour with Optional Legacy Pass (Self-Drive)
Make your Grand Canyon experience unforgettable with an air tour over West Rim. Soar above the stunning Eagle Point, Guano Point, Skywalk and more. Add a legacy pass and further explore the area on foot as you visit the Hualapai Ranch and exhilarating viewpoints.
Grand Canyon West Rim Airplane Tour with Optional Legacy Pass Highlights:
- Make your way to the Grand Canyon West air terminal and embark on a flight over the canyon’s stunning landmarks.
- Soar above Guano Point, Eagle Point and catch a glimpse of the world-famous Skywalk from the air.
- Hear interesting facts and learn all about history of the Grand Canyon during your air tour with a in-flight headset narration.
- After your air tour, enjoy full access to the West Rim via foot with a Legacy Pass.
- Explore Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Ranch using the complimentary shuttle service between areas.
- Marvel at the sights surrounding you as you enjoy lunch.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Grand Canyon is one of the world’s most impressive geological wonders. A two billion-year-old gorge eroded slowly by wind and water, the only way to fully take in the canyon’s grandeur is from the sky!
Grand Canyon West is privately owned and operated by the Hualapai Tribe. In comparison to other areas of the Grand Canyon, a visit to the West Rim provides guests with a unique opportunity to learn about Native American culture. Please keep in mind, purchase of a Legacy Tour Pass is required for entry to the West Rim.
About Your Grand Canyon West Rim Airplane Tour Experience:
Make your own way to the Grand Canyon West air terminal and depart on an exciting airplane tour. Fly over the Colorado River, Guano Point, Eagle Point and other areas of the West Rim. Enjoy in-flight narration via complimentary headsets.
With Legacy Pass:
After landing back at to the terminal, climb aboard a free shuttle to continue the rim portion of the tour. Your first stop is Hualapai Ranch, a Wild West cowboy town complete with Old West gunfights and lasso lessons. Next, journey to Eagle Point and and see Native American dwellings from several tribes and enjoy cultural music and dancing. From there, head to Guano Point for 360-degree views of the massive stone walls of the West Rim. After your full day of incredible sightseeing, you will be driven back to the air terminal.
With Legacy Pass + Meal:
Enjoy a meal at any of the on-site canteens, excluding the Skywalk Restaurant.
- Scenic flight over the Grand Canyon West and the Colorado River
- Multilingual in-flight narration
With Legacy Pass:
- Self-guided tour of multiple lookout points along the rim of the canyon
- Access to hop-on, hop-off shuttle between points of interest
- Bus transfer back to the air terminal at the end of your sightseeing
- Lunch (for an additional fee)
- Transportation to the Grand Canyon
Know Before You Go:
Flight time: 20 mins
Time spent at the West Rim (with Legacy Pass option): You may spend as long as you’d like, within operating hours.
Departure airport: Grand Canyon West Airport
Please note: This tour does not include transfers to and from the Grand Canyon. You will need to make your own way to the airport.
Check-in: You are required to check in at the air terminal 30 minutes prior to your flight.
What to bring: Valid photo I.D. (required for all passengers boarding the aircraft), sunscreen, and camera. (Please note: the use of Selfie Sticks and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.)
Grand Canyon West hours: April - August: 7 am - 7 pm September - March: 8 am - 6 pm
You may reschedule or cancel your tour without penalty up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time. Rescheduling your tour within 24 hours of commencement may result in a change fee of $50 or less. Cancellations within 24 hours of departure are non-refundable.
Upon booking this tour, you will receive instant confirmation. On the day of your experience, display your booking voucher via mobile upon check-in (no printout necessary). All passengers booked on the tour will be required to present government issued forms of identification before boarding the aircraft. If you have also booked a Legacy Pass, you will receive your pass upon check-in at the air terminal. Check-in at the air terminal is 30 minutes prior to your flight time.
Grand Canyon West Airport, Peach Springs, Arizona, Peach Springs