Small Group Guided Tour of the Louvre Museum
This 2-hour private tour of the Louvre Museum allows you to explore the museum under the guidance of an expert guide in a group that is not larger than 6 people. As you walk through the galleries, gazing at the museum's exhibits, you will receive undivided attention from your guide who will answer all your questions and ensure that your Louvre experience is a fulfilling one.
Private Tour Highlights
- Discover the highlights of the Louvre Museum on a private guided tour with no more than 6 people.
- The small group ensures that you can interact with your guide more personally, get your questions answered and enjoy the experience in a more intimate manner.
- This guided tour of the Louvre Museum will also help you save a lot of time with its skip the line access, allowing you to bypass the notorious Louvre queue and spend more time inside the museum rather than wasting it in the queue.
- The tour is available in 3 languages - English, Spanish and French.
- Once the tour is over, you are free to roam the halls of Louvre until the closing hours of the museum.
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
The Louvre Museum is the biggest art museum in the world and also the second most visited. What makes The Louvre special is that it not only aims at collecting and exhibiting some of the most iconic and important works of art in our history, but it has managed to do so across cultures and civilisations. From Egyptian artefacts that are 4,000 years old to modern works of art from Oriental artists, Louvre Museum has been the honorary arbiter of our artistic heritage.
On your visit to the Louvre Museum, your guide will introduce you to some of the most important works of art in our history. These exhibitions are spread across 8 departments - Egyptian Antiquities; Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities; Near Eastern Antiquities; Islamic Art; Decorative Arts; Sculpture; Paintings; Drawings and Prints. In your time at the Louvre, you will be able to see popular masterpieces such as the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, The Rebellious Slave, The Winged Victory of Samothrace, The Law Code of Hammurabi and many others.
This 2-hour private tour is perfect for those looking to explore the highlights of the Louvre Museum in a small group, making the experience that much more intimate. Your private tour of the Louvre Museum begins at the Louvre Agency - 6, Rue de l'amiral de Coligny where you will meet your expert guide. Your tour guide will then lead you past the long ticket lines, through a brief security check and then into the museum.
Your tour guide will lead you through the succession of galleries and give you all the information you'll need to make this visit extremely memorable. You will be guided through all of the departments where you will be able to see the major exhibitions such as The Mona Lisa, the statue of Venus of Milo and The Winged Victory of Samothrace and many other masterpieces. Your guide will not only show you the masterpieces that call the Louvre home but also offer insights into the history of these works and the stories behind them.
After the tour, you are free to explore the museum until the closing hours on your own.
For tips on how to navigate the museum, make the most of your time, and choose the best experience, refer to our Louvre Museum tours and tickets collection.
- Priority Access Ticket
- Licensed guide
- Private Tour of the Louvre Museum with not more than 6 people
Know Before You Go
About the Experience
When To Visit: This 2-hour guided tour of the Louvre is available on all days, except Tuesday, and is scheduled at 9:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM. On Wednesday and Friday, when the museum stays open till 9:45 PM, there is an additional time slot available at 7:00 PM.
Getting There: The meeting point is for this guided tour is Louvre Agency - 6, Rue de l'amiral de Coligny. The closest metro station to this is the Palais-Royal–Musée du Louvre station on Line 1.
The Louvre is full of information that you may never end up deciphering even after a week of touring on your own. But, you might as well pick a guided tour to know most of it in two hours. If you're planning to do it, better do it right, right?
My wife and I opted for a small guided tour of the Louvre. The tour guide was not hasty at all, spent enough time on every exhibit and was well informed with facts and quirks. He also had a great sense of humour and it made the long two hour tour absolutely fun and interesting. Relieved that we ended up picking this.
We had no choice but to opt for this tour since the guided tour for the Louvre was sold out on Headout. Even though our group was divided, we ended up learning a lot. In fact, I feel as though having a smaller group helped us learn even more about the museum. My suggestion is to opt for a guided tour if you're planning your trip here, that's the only way you'll get to learn a thing or two.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive an email with your Louvre guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• Head to the meeting point (France Tourisme Office, Louvre Agency - 6, Rue de l'amiral de Coligny) where you will find your guide waiting for you.
• The point is located at the junction of Rue de Rivoli and Rue de l'amiral de Coligny.
• Display your voucher on your mobile phone to your guide and receive your physical tickets for the Louvre Museum.
• Once you have the tickets, your guide will lead you to the Louvre and help you enter the museum without standing in the ticket line.
Headout Meeting Point
France Toursime Office at 6 Rue de l’Amiral de Coligny, 75001 Paris, France
How to Find
The meeting point is at the Franc Tourisme Office at the eastern end of the Louvre Museum on Rue de l’Amiral de Coligny. The office will have a France Tourisme board outside and is at the junction of Rue de l’Amiral de Coligny and Rue de Rivoli.
To locate the meeting point, look for a newsstand close to the Le Fumoir restaurant and cafe. The France Tourism office is right next to the newsstand.
6 Rue de l'Amiral de Coligny, 75001 Paris, France, Paris
Other experiences similar to Small Group Guided Tour of the Louvre Museum