Guided Tour of Duomo Monumental Complex with Duomo Museum
Tour the Piazza del Duomo and experience 1500 years of culture and history. Discover the numerous treasures housed within these monuments with commentary from a professional guide. Bypass the snaking queues and spend more time enjoying the stunning architecture and works of art!
- Delve into the history and culture of Florence on this comprehensive guided tour of Piazza del Duomo.
- Enjoy priority access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the St. John's Baptistery and the Museum of the Works of the Cathedral.
- Bask in the beauty of some of the greatest works of art by eminent artists and sculptors of Florence.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Located in the historic center of Florence, Piazza del Duomo is one of the most visited regions in Europe and the most visited area of Florence. The Santa Maria del Fiore is the 3rd largest church in the world. Its dome, unlike those of other prominent cathedrals, was constructed in brick and is the largest brick dome very made. Giotto’s Bell Tower is a notable example of Florentine Gothic architecture and is one of the visually stunning structures in Italy.
The Baptistery of St. John is one of the oldest buildings of Florence and was built in the early 12 century. Its Florentine Romanesque architecture makes it stand out amongst the other structures of the Duomo Complex. The St. John’s Baptistery, Giotto’s Campanile and Santa Maria del Fiore together are located in the Piazza del Duomo and are part of UNESCO World Heritage Site covering part of Florence.
You will go on a comprehensive tour of the Duomo Complex. You will begin your tour at the St. John’s Baptistery. The magnificent mosaic covered interior of the dome is in gleaming gold and has beautiful paintings on it. The exterior is covered in the exquisite white-grey Carrara marble with a distinct and eye-catching green Prato marble inlay. Next is a visit to Giotto’s Bell Tower. The multicolored campanile is made of red, white and green marble is undoubtedly the most beautiful in Italy.
The secrets of the Brunelleschi’s Dome will be revealed to you by the guide. Next on the itinerary is the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral. The Gothic elements are visible throughout the structure, and the marble panels with different shades of pink and green, with a border made of white marble give it a majestic look. The interiors of the church are lavish, with frescoes adorning the inside of the dome and one of the greatest examples of stained glass artwork on display. You will then visit the Opera del Duomo Museum. The most important treasures are stored here, and you can see the original doors of the Florence Baptistery. Works of art by eminent sculptors, Donatello and Nanni di Banco can be seen. You will end your tour on a high note, with some authentic Chianti wine and cheese that is sure to tickle your taste buds.
- Priority access to the monuments during the guided visit
- Assistance at the Meeting Point
- Museum entrance ticket valid 72 hours for the Duomo Complex Monuments
- Taste of Chianti wine, cheese and balsamic vinegar
- Visit to Florence Cathedral and the St. John's Baptistery
- Professional guide
- Access to Dome and Terraces
- Hotel Transfers
Know Before You Go
- Please note that upon request, you may need to show appropriate documentation proving children's age if you buy child tickets.
- Chianti wine tasting (along with cheese and balsamic vinegar) is not available post 1 Apr 2020
The tour runs for an hour and a half at 12 PM, daily, except on Sunday.
Entry for children between the ages of 0- 5 years is free of charge. Child tickets can be purchased for children between the ages of 6-11.
Access to places of worship is allowed only if equipped with suitable clothing: entry is forbidden if you're wearing shorts, anything that leaves you with bare shoulders, sandals, hats, and sunglasses.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
Please arrive at the meeting point 20 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Please display this voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your host.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets please show your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
Your ticket to the monuments of the Duomo is also valid for access to Santa Reparata Crypt and the Giotto Bell Tower to enjoy the most incredible views of the city. Valid for 72 hours from the time of issue.
- Meeting Point is - Caffè Scudieri, Piazza San Giovanni
- The Caffe is located on the Piazza San Giovanni which is behind the Baptistery of St. John.
- The Caffe is next to the Panerai Firenze San Giovanni store and Pizza Panini CALZONI. - Your tour guide will be waiting for you outside the Caffe wearing a yellow jacket for easy recognition.
- To locate your meeting point on google maps, type - Caffè Scudieri, Piazza di San Giovanni
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
How to Get There
- By Bus: The nearest bus station is Roma Duomo which a minute away from the Caffe.
- By Taxi: Ask to be dropped off at Piazza di San Giovanni which is located behind the Baptistery of St. John.