Gourmet Italy- Walking Food and Art Tour
- Spend a day indulging in the flavors of Italy
- Small group size allowing a more interactive and immersive culinary experience
- Learn the culinary traditions, history of myths of the land
- Professional guide providing insights through the duration of the tour
Your gastronomic adventure starts from the heart of Florence at the Santa Maria Novella Square. Study architecture and learn about the transition of the land from vineyard to city from your expert guide. Visit the colorful and lively market at San Lorenzo and discover the freshest ingredients and locally produced delicacies of the area. Here you will get to taste the ‘cantuccini’ and ‘vinsanto’, the Italian version of biscuits with Italian sweet wine.
Walk through the streets of Florence and learn the secrets behind the tiny windows unique to Florentine architecture. These windows are believed to be wine portals and have been around for centuries. Learn more culinary secrets over your second food and wine tasting in a ‘Vinaino’ shop and taste the best cold-cuts of the region along with the world-known Chianti red wine.
Stroll through the streets of Florence and listen to stories about the wine culture prevalent in the town. Your tour will end with an exploration of rustic, traditional cuisine indigenous to this part of the world. Here’s a list of typical products you will enjoy on the tour
- Pappa Al Pormodoro
- Piazza Santa Maria Novella
- San Lorenzo Market
- San Lorenzo Church
- Piazza Repubblica
- Orsanmichele Church
- Ponte Vecchio
- Starting Time: 09:30 am
- Meeting Point: Kiosk “Tourist Point” in Santa Maria Novella Square
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- In the case of any dietary requirements please inform at the time of booking.
- Tour is not suitable for those with impaired mobility
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Kiosk "Tourist Point" in Santa Maria Novella Square, Firenze
Other experiences similar to Gourmet Italy- Walking Food and Art Tour