Florence Duomo and Academia Gallery Half Day Guided Tour
Explore the beautiful city of Florence with these tickets that allow you tour this charming, vivacious place as well as access one of the most incredible art collections in Italy, housed at the Accademia Gallery, not to mention visit the famed cathedral, Duomo di Firenze!
- Skip the Line tickets to the Cathedral(Duomo)
- Skip the Line tickets to Accademia Galleria
- Small Tour group size (max.25) allowing for a more interactive, comfortable and engrossing experience
- Expert local guides who lead the way and provided in-depth insights about the artworks
Begin your morning with a trip to the Accademia Gallery. Over here you will be able to cherish the works of Botticelli, Giotto, Michelangelo and many others. The gallery is home to the 17ft sculpture of ‘David’ by Michelangelo which is regarded as the most intricate and charming sculpture to have ever been sculpted. The gallery also houses a Museum of Musical Instruments which showcases the Grand Ducal Collection of over 50 musical instruments. Combined with modern multimedia, the museum allows you to immerse yourself into the music like the Medicis did centuries ago.
Once your tour of the museum comes to an end, it’s time to visit the Florence Baptistery. The world-famous site is an architectural marvel dedicated to Saint John. Be sure to carefully study the East Gate dubbed by Michelangelo as the ‘Gates of Paradise’. Over here you can also see baptized version of Dante Alighieri and other prominent figures from the past.
Next stop, the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo. This famous attraction houses the original Baptistery doors and the world famous sculpture - ‘Pieta’ by Michelangelo - the one created for his own tomb along with the sculpture of Mary created by Donatello. Take in the intricacies and learn the many stories behind these famous structures.
Your final stop will be inside the Duomo itself. But unlike any other experience, you’ll also get to climb to the very top. Cross the velvet ropes and wander the hidden rooms where the original statues from its facades are stored. You’ll also be able to ascend to the terrace for a close-up view of the dome and a panoramic view of the spectacular city down below. This rare sight is an absolute must-see as you can see the picture-perfect landscape from Florence to Tuscany!
- Accademia Gallery and Michelangelo’s David
- Piazza degli Uffizi
- Piazza della Signoria
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Orsanmichele Church
- Mercato Nuovo
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Baptistry Doors
- The Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore)
- Tour as per description
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Skip the Line Entrance to Accademia Gallery
- Visit inside the Cathedral (the Duomo)
- English speaking guide
- Audio Headsets
Know Before You Go
Modest attire with completely covered knees and shoulders. This is necessary to enter the Church
The tour begins at 8:30 AM from Tuesday to Sunday and has 4:30 PM option on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.
- Please note that because of religious festivities and on Sundays, access to the Duomo (Cathedral) is restricted. Also in the afternoon the Duomo is always closed, in which case a detailed tour will be given from outside.
Your guide will meet you at San Marco square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square. Arriving by foot: Piazza San Marco is located 100 mets from the Accademia and 500 meters from the Cathedral (the Duomo) of Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Child Ticket: Ages 4-12
- Student Ticket: Ages 13-22
- No food or drinks can be consumed inside the museum
- Please carry valid photo ID
- No bags and large backpacks, helmets, knives, scissors or any hazardous objects will be allowed in the gallery.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Your guide will meet at San Marco square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square
Piazza di San Marco, Firenze
Other experiences similar to Florence Duomo and Academia Gallery Half Day Guided Tour