Florence City + Accademia Guided Tour
Navigate the beautiful city of Florence like a local with an exceptional tour guide who will walk you through the city's narrow streets and gorgeous piazzas, not to mention take you through the exceptional collection of Italian art at the Accademia Gallery! Get a chance to see Michaelangelo's world-famous statue of David up close.
- Explore the picturesque city of Florence and its magnificent buildings, streets and squares.
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Accademia Galleria, which is home to the prolific marble statue of David by Michelangelo.
- Breathe in the magnificence of the Duomo, one of the crown jewels of Florence.
- The tour has small groups of not more than 19 people, which allows for a more interactive, comfortable and engrossing experience.
- You will be accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide who tell you detailed stories behind the significance of Florence’s many wonders.
- Visit Loggia del Bigallo, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Della Signoria, Santa Maria del Fiore and many other Renaissance sites in the Florentine area.
Benefit from Skip-the-Line Access to the Accademia Galleria
Your tour will first take you to the Accademia Galleria, where you will explore the seven different zones of the gallery. Each hall focuses on a particular era from times gone by. The David is showcased in all its magnificence in one of the displays here. This intricate sculpture is an icon of the Renaissance model and was a symbol of the power and invincibility of the Florentine Republic at the height of its glory. Michaelangelo took three years to complete this imposing statue, which was hewn from a single block of rough marble. The museum also features the works of Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci, Giotto, Salviati, Alessandro Allori, Lorenzo Bartolini and many other famous artists.
Make Your Way to the Magnificent Florence Duomo
On this tour, your guide shall provide you with fascinating insights of the Duomo and you will have ample amount of time to breathe in its magnificence. An old church dedicated to Saint Reparata stood in the place of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore as far back as 393 AD. The structure was completed in 1436 when the legendary engineer Filippo Brunelleschi added its characteristic dome. In the 19th Century, Emilio De Fabris added a facade to the exterior in a Gothic Revival fashion. The Piazza del Duomo, which encompasses the Baptistery and Giotto’s Campanile, has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You may choose to enter independently as the entry is free.
Explore the Picturesque City of Florence on Foot
Explore Florence on foot and wander through its cobbled streets and cosy squares. Relive the past as your expert guide narrates, in detail, stories of Florence from a long time ago. You’ll cover all the major sights and attractions with your small group as you study the architecture, history, and remains of the city famously known for being the Athens of the Middle Ages. Please don't hesitate to ask the guide any questions you might have.
- Assistance at the meeting point.
- Skip-the-line entry to Accademia Galleria only.
- Walking Tour of Florence.
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Exploring the exterior of the Duomo Complex and Piazza della Signoria with Palazzo Vecchio.
- Hotel transfers.
Know Before You Go
The tour is available every Tuesday-Sunday at 08:30 AM, 09:15 AM, 2:30 PM & 4:30 PM. The tour begins promptly from the meeting point and lasts approximately 3 hours. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to this time to check in with your guide at the meeting point.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children below the age of 6 enter for free. Children ages 7 and above will have to purchase a regular ticket.
You will meet your guide at San Marco square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square.
By Foot: Piazza San Marco is located 100m from the Accademia and 500m from the Cathedral (the Duomo) of Santa Maria del Fiore. It is a short 4-minute walk from the Accademia.
As this tour involves quite a bit of walking, we highly recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes. Please wear appropriate clothing to the museums and places of worship.
No bags and large backpacks, helmets, knives, scissors or any hazardous objects will be allowed in the gallery.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
The guide was passionate about the city and caring about the group understanding the history. It was the perfect length and pace for the whole group.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Piazza San Marco, Firenze