National Gallery Singapore
Get skip the line tickets to the National Gallery Singapore, a museum dedicated to displaying Singapore and Southeast Asian art from the 19th century to the present day. The National Gallery Singapore is a brand new museum that aims at bringing Asian art into the forefront. Spread over 64,000 square metres, the museum is the largest art museum in South East Asia and a must-visit for every art and history lover travelling to Singapore.
- Spend one whole day discovering exquisite Singaporean and Southeast Asian works of art.
- Witness the iconic Singaporean architecture.
- Learn about the history, culture, traditions and art of this city by immersing yourself in it.
- Home to over 8,000 artworks, and many exhibitions taking place here, this a must-visit in Singapore.
Situated in Singapore’s Civic District, the National Gallery of Singapore is home to the world’s largest public collection of Singapore and Southeast Asian art, which is about 8,000 works of art. Aiming to build a focus on the appreciation and acknowledgment of art across various mediums, and on Singapore’s relations with other Southeast Asian cultures, this museum opened in 2015.
The gallery consists of two national monuments, the City Hall and former Supreme Court Building, both exemplary of Singapore architecture. The galleries consist of art from the 19th century to present day. Its two permanent galleries: the DBS Singapore Gallery and the UOB Southeast Asia Gallery, attempt to showcase not just the aesthetic identity of Singapore over the years, but also forms of regional interpretations and narratives through the process of their evolution. There are also some research galleries that provide space for curators and researchers to present different kinds of materials.
Know Before You Go
Please be informed that In conjunction with Singapore’s National Day, the Gallery will be extending Free Admission in the month of August. All visitors can enjoy free access to all exhibitions till 31st August 2020.
As of Feb 24, 2020, in view of the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) situation, the Gallery has implemented restricted access and temperature screening for all visitors at the following points. All visitors will also be required to complete a simple registration form.
- City Hall Loading Bay
- Parliament Place
- Padang Atrium
- B2 Carpark – Lift Lobby A
B3 Carpark – Lift Lobby A
Food and beverages are not allowed in the gallery
- All facilities are wheelchair accessible
- Singapore Citizens and PRs can attend Permanent Galleries for free
Visitors will not be allowed to attend the programme if they have a temperature of more than 38°C, have mild flu-like symptoms such as cough, runny nose, sore throat or fever. Visitors who are unwell should seek medical attention immediately.
The Gallery remains open from 10 am - 7 pm daily, except on the following dates:
- 26 July 2020: 12:30 pm to 7 pm
- 8 August 2020: Exhibition Galleries are closed; F&B outlets remain open till 5 pm
- 9 August 2020: 2 pm to 7 pm
By Bus: 63, 51, 80, 32, 851 stop opposite Peninsula Place, the Coleman Street entrance is a 5 minute walk away
By MRT: City Hall station: Exit B, the Gallery is approximately a 7 minute walk from City Hall MRT station via the Art Connector
By Taxi/Car: Entrance to the Gallery's car park is on the far right of Coleman Street; access by turning left before St. Andrew's Cathedral from the left lane of St Andrew's Road
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
- You will receive your mobile ticket via email. No need to print!
- Please display the ticket on your phone at the ticket redemption point.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Please check your final ticket for the ticket redemption point details and specific instructions.