Tower of London Tickets with Thames River Cruise
Hop on and hop off at across four central piers on the river and explore the sights and attractions from the waters of the Thames with this combo experience that also allows you to visit one of the most important historical landmarks of London, the Tower of London - a palace, a fortress, and a prison.
- One of the most important historical landmarks of London, The Tower has borne witness to 1000 years of murder, mystery, and intrigue.
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Tower of London is of great importance to the British Monarchy and the Crown Jewels of England are housed here to this day.
- Hop-on and hop-off at any one of the four piers convenient to you to explore the sights of the Thames
- Cruises depart every 30 minutes, giving you the freedom to explore all the sights you want at your pace before boarding the cruise again
- All boats have cafes serving hot and cold drinks as well as snacks for you to purchase
- One of the stops during your sightseeing cruise is the Tower of London itself, located in a commanding position on the river Thames, so you can hop off to pay the iconic monument a visit before hopping back on your cruise.
What to Expect
The Thames is London's lifeline. 346 km long, this river is the second largest in England. One of the most relaxing ways to discover the city of London, the hop-on-hop-off cruise covers all of the most important and iconic sights in the city. The vessel is designed especially for the best possible sightseeing experience. You can choose to board the cruise at any one of the four piers and you will receive a guided commentary of the many sights along the river, one of which is the famed Tower of London.
As part of this combo, you will also get to step inside the mysterious Tower Of London that holds over a century of history within its walls! It is also the home of the Royal Crown Jewels and the black ravens that guard the walls till date. This is a location that the whole family can enjoy, as there are varied pieces of history to be learned, from the symbolic Beefeaters to the story of the White Tower.
- Hop on hop off all-day Thames Cruise ticket
- Entry into Tower of London
Know Before You Go
Thames River Cruise
- All boats ply between a 30 and 40-minute frequency.
- Boats run every day of the year apart from Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Service will run in all weather conditions apart from extreme fog.
- All seating is based on a first come, first serve basis.
Tower of London
The tower becomes extremely busy during school holidays in the UK, and venue authorities are expecting particularly busy days in October. During such times, queues may form for different parts of the tower, particularly the Crown Jewels and ticketing areas. Please allow extra time during such days and try reaching early to avoid the long waits.
Timings and Availability
Thames River Cruise
- Westminster Pier: Close to Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament (with Big Ben), Horse Guards, Whitehall, and the Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms.
- London Eye Pier: Located next to the London Eye, County Hall (with the London Aquarium) and close to the world-renowned South Bank arts complex (including the Royal Festival Hall).
- Tower Pier: This pier makes the Tower of London and Tower Bridge easily accessible.
- Greenwich Pier: Makes it easy to reach the World Heritage Centre of Greenwich, home of the famous tea clipper Cutty Sark, the Old Royal Naval College, the National Maritime Museum, the Queen’s House and the Old Royal Observatory.
The sightseeing cruise runs between 10 AM to 8 PM.
Tower of London
The Tower of London is open daily except between 24th-26th December and 1st January.
Summer (1st March - 31st October)
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Sunday-Monday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Last admission: 5 PM
Winter (1st November - 28th February)
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 AM - 4:30 PM
Sunday-Monday: 10 AM - 4:30 PM
Last admission: 4 PM
The last Yeoman Warder (Beefeater) tour starts at 2:30 PM in winter, and 3:30 PM in the summer. Please be aware that in poor weather conditions, an amended Yeoman Warder tour will be given in the Chapel of St Peter ad Vincula. If the Chapel is unavailable, tours may not take place.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (for children below 15 years of age) are available at a reduced price of 25 GBP. Senior Citizens can also buy discounted tickets at 40 GBP. Children under the age of 4 enter for free. Children below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please select the right profile type for your group during checkout. Ensure that you are carrying a valid ID of the members in your group if you select any reduced price tickets during checkout.
Tower of London
- Tripods, Selfie-sticks, and other photographic or recording equipment is not allowed.
- Smoking, eating and drinking within all buildings is not allowed.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
The Thames River cruise was not exactly what I expected (somehow I pictured it to be more scenic) but the Tower of London made up for it: what a beaut she is! I love London
I did some calculations, and it turns out without these tickets, I’d be spending a lot more money on transportation, and the tickets
While I loved the Tower of London, I did have some minor issues with travelling on a boat (terribly motion sick)
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Tower of London Tickets with Thames River Cruise voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please carry a printout of your voucher along with a valid photo ID and exchange it for your physical ticket at either Tower Pier (EC3N 4DT), Westminster Pier (SW1A 2JH) or Greenwich Pier (SE10 9HT).
Please note that the Tower Pier is the closest redemption point to the Tower of London.
- Your sightseeing cruise tickets are dated and valid for 24 hours from the time of ticket collection on the date selected at the time of booking.
- Your Tower of London ticket is valid for one standard admission within 72 hours of being collected from the collection point.
Tower Pier, United Kingdom, London