Last of the Summer Nights
Date: 31st August 2017
Time: 20:00 - 22:20
Venue: Great Hall
Karin studied at the Conservatory of Utrecht and the National Opera Studio in Amsterdam. She performed as a soloist with many orchestras and enjoys singing chamber music. Karin has won the Gachtenfestival in Amsterdam and several other prizes in Holland and France. In 2011 she got her break as a mezzo-soprano and has performed across Europe since.
A Siberian violinist, Nemanja was born in 1985 and started practicing the violin since he was 7. Radulović plays on an 1843 violin by Jean-Baptiste. Over his three-decade career, Nemanja has won several awards. The most famed being the First Prize in the International Violin Competition in 200, the Rising Star Award in 2006 and the Order of Karađorđe's Star in 2017.
This seasons theme: Last of the Summer Nights comes to an end in this grand finale. A sparkling, lively, energetic performance featuring an array of classical works. The concert will feature the renowned Radio Philharmonic Orchestra and two soloists. The conclusion event, this concert will close the Robeco Summer Nights events and will have a dazzling mix of musical and vocal delights.
- Radio Philharmonic Orchestra
- Antony Hermus - Conductor
- Nemanja Radulović - Violin
- Karin Strobos - Mezzo-soprano
- Copland - Fanfare for the Common Man
- Roukens - Chase (Commissioned by Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra)
- Mozart - Overture (from "La Clemenza di Tito, K. 621)
- Mozart - Parto, parto (from "La Clemenza di Tito, K. 621)
- Rossini - Overture (from "Barber of Seville ')
- Rossini - Aria "Una voce poco fa '(from' Barber of Seville ')
- Shostakovich - The Gadfly on. 97a
- Tchaikovsky - Russian Dance (from "Swan Lake", 20).
- R. Strauss - Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Op. 28
- Falla - Second Suite (from "El sombrero de tres picos)
- Bizet - Près des remparts de Séville Seguidilla
- Bizet - Danse bohème (from 'Carmen')
- Ravel - Tzigane, Rhapsody concert
- Márquez - Danzón 2
- Bernstein - Mambo No. 4 (from "Symphonic Dances (from 'West Side Story')).
- The concert has a break.
- Prices of drinks included.
You will get an email confirmation shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the Box Office, in exchange for which you will receive your physical ticket.
Concertgebouwplein 10, 1071 LN Amsterdam, Netherlands, Amsterdam