Tivoli Villa Adriana Villa D'Este Half Day Trip from Rome
Leave the hustle and bustle of Rome for a relaxing day in scenic Tivoli, exploring two off beat and special locations, the Villa of Emperor Hadrian and the Villa D’Este, built during the Renaissance. Walking through the gardens and marveling at the splendid architecture makes the perfect escape.
- Set off from Rome for the charming scenic beauty of Tivoli.
- Have a professional tour guide walk you through Hadrian’s Villa to admire the ancient Roman Emperor’s estate.
- Travel to the city center to explore and maybe grab a bite to eat before departing on a walking tour of the next villa.
- Explore the enchanting Villa D’Este, filled with great pieces of art and beautiful gardens, capturing the best of Renaissance work.
Embark on a quiet exploration of Tivoli and its two greatest gems. You will head straight to Hadrian’s Villa, the retreat built by the Emperor outside of Rome, since the Emperor is said to have dislike the palace at Palatine Hill. The natural beauty and scenery completely justifies the Emperor’s choice in location.
The estate contains many beautiful fountains and has many examples of wonderful Greek and Egyptian architecture, souvenir’s of Hadrian’s many travels, none greater or more striking than the Canopus, a pool with large proportions, surrounded by arches and statues that reflect on the surface of the pool. This sight, surrounded by the lush, bountiful green gardens, transports you back in time and makes you wonder what it must have looked like in it’s glory days.
You will then be taken back to the center of Tivoli, where you can explore or grab lunch before heading to Villa D’Este. Built in the 14th century, the property more closely resembles a palace than a villa and has very few rivals in terms of the examples of Renaissance art and architecture that it has to offer.
Walk through the magnificent, terraced gardens and admire the system of fountains that is astonishing in size, allure and ingenuity, the jewel of which is the Neptune’s fountain, built by Bernini, with water jets that reach a height if ten meters with ease. Look out at the estate from the Vialone, the 200 meter long terrace that offers an unparalleled view of both the property and the gardens. Once your memorable visit is concluded, you will take the bus back to Rome.
- Round trip transport from the meeting point in Rome to the villas.
- Skip the line Entrance for both the villas.
- A professional tour guide to help you navigate.
- Hotel Pick Up
Please note that this tour happens in English and German.
- The tour departs at 9:30 AM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from the meeting point.
- The hotel pick up times are different from the time the tours depart from the meeting point.
- This tour lasts approximately 5 hours.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Viale Luigi Einaudi in front of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri near Metro A line stop Piazza della Repubblica and Termini Station (Metro A and B).
- These tickets include hotel pick ups. Please enter the hotel you're staying at in the custom fields at the time of checkout.
Board bus 64, 70, 82, 85, or 170 and get off at Repubblica bus stop. This stop is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
Take the metro line MEA and get off at the Repubblica metro station. This station is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the time and date selected at the time of checkout.